Can't access registration page

14 years 11 months ago #98722 by cityhawk
Can't access registration page was created by cityhawk
Total CB newbie here who has inherited the development of a web site using Joomla 1.0 and CB 1.1. Some features weren't working (a story for another thread) and I attempted to upgrade to CB 1.2. The upgrade failed and as far as I can tell, no files on the site have been changed and all the users and user classes are still there. However, I can no longer register for the site. When I click on the button that takes me to the registration page, it takes me to the restricted access page. I can't find the registration page anywhere in the Joomla/CB Component administration interface.

The registration button attempts to take me to /index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=74

And the user gets redirected to

/index.php?option=com_acctexp&task=NotAllowed&Itemid=27

I can't actually find the definition of either of these pages anywhere in the content management system and am at a loss as to how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98729 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Can't access registration page
cityhawk wrote:

Total CB newbie here who has inherited the development of a web site using Joomla 1.0 and CB 1.1. Some features weren't working (a story for another thread) and I attempted to upgrade to CB 1.2. The upgrade failed and as far as I can tell, no files on the site have been changed and all the users and user classes are still there. However, I can no longer register for the site. When I click on the button that takes me to the registration page, it takes me to the restricted access page. I can't find the registration page anywhere in the Joomla/CB Component administration interface.

The registration button attempts to take me to /index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=74

And the user gets redirected to

/index.php?option=com_acctexp&task=NotAllowed&Itemid=27

I can't actually find the definition of either of these pages anywhere in the content management system and am at a loss as to how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Get rid of AEC (it hacks CB and Joomla I believe).
Then try to upgrade CB.

14 years 11 months ago #98731 by cityhawk
Replied by cityhawk on topic Re:Can't access registration page
Never mind... this problem is solved. Though there are others coming in its wake. :unsure:

14 years 11 months ago #98734 by cityhawk
Replied by cityhawk on topic Re:Can't access registration page
Thanks! I figured out the permission problem, restoring the registration page.

I may do as you say since I have other CB problems. For example, the site uses Fireboard but users are not able to post new threads within each forum. I added Kunena, but CB doesn't seem to recognize the existence of Kunena and vice-versa so that the user types and access levels of CB are ignored by Kunena and all registered users are treated equal. I haven't figured out which is easier... fixing Fireboard with the current setup or going ahead with the Kunena overhaul.

What is the risk to the site of my attempting to upgrade CB? I'm afraid of breaking something.

Thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn