Public Profiles revisited

14 years 10 months ago #99709 by aboyd
Public Profiles revisited was created by aboyd
I have searched high and low, but I am having trouble configuring my website to allow public views of profiles. Can I get some help? what am I missing? I have set CB->Configuration->User Profile->Allow Access To-> Everyone and it shows a page that says Forbidden access(Flooding). What did I do? and what can I do?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #99710 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Public Profiles revisited
First of all, can you Include more information (see my signature)? If you're still using CB 1.1, it's highly recommended you upgrade to CB 1.2 Stable for tons of bug fixes and new features. Please note the minimum requirements.

As far as your error, it sounds like a server error... maybe a security feature of your host, but it's hard to tell without the actual error message.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 10 months ago #99740 by aboyd
Replied by aboyd on topic Re:Public Profiles revisited
sorry. i was in a hurry earlier
Joomla 1.5.10, CB 1.2.1, PHP 5.2.9, sh404SEF, error messages [Forbidden access(Flooding)], screenshots (see below), extensions that change Joomla's core API (none). Find much of this information in Help/System Info (looked, found some relevant info, did not fix problem). Does it work with a default template(does not work with any template) Have you updated or migrated your Joomla and CB installation(have not upgraded, started with 1.2.1)?

Post edited by: aboyd, at: 2009/05/24 06:11

Post edited by: aboyd, at: 2009/05/24 06:12
Attachments:

14 years 10 months ago #99741 by aboyd
here is one of the pics. another to come
Attachments:

14 years 10 months ago #99742 by aboyd
and the second screenshot