Upgrade Instructions?

16 years 8 months ago #42522 by thelizardreborn
Upgrade Instructions? was created by thelizardreborn
I already have CB 1.0.2 installed and configured exactly how I want it. Does the upgrade to 1.1 require a change in my database, or can I just overwrite the old CB files with new ones?

If the database needs to be recreated, how can I do so without losing my old data?

I tried using the documentation from the download section and scanning this forum, but neither was clear on how upgrading is different from a clean install.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42539 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Upgrade Instructions?
thelizardreborn wrote:

I already have CB 1.0.2 installed and configured exactly how I want it. Does the upgrade to 1.1 require a change in my database, or can I just overwrite the old CB files with new ones?

If the database needs to be recreated, how can I do so without losing my old data?

I tried using the documentation from the download section and scanning this forum, but neither was clear on how upgrading is different from a clean install.

the readme file included in the distribution package - read it

16 years 8 months ago #42541 by thelizardreborn
Replied by thelizardreborn on topic Re:Upgrade Instructions?
Alright, thanks Nick. The answers to those questions depended on whether I was going to do the upgrade, so I hadn't downloaded the new version yet, so I hadn't seen the note to look at the README for instructions.

I'm looking at it now and it looks very thorough and detailed. Thanks!

16 years 8 months ago #42542 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn