Joomla 1.0/1.5 migration... missing data

16 years 7 months ago #45011 by boxcarmib
Joomla 1.0/1.5 migration... missing data was created by boxcarmib
Using the Joomla migrator utility I prepared a configuration file from my Joomla 1.0.12 site which I then used when creating my Joomla 1.5RC2 updated site.

I then loaded CB1.1 (after turning on legacy support).

CB shows none of the fields, lists, tabs etc. I defined in my 1.0 site.

Does anyone know where I went wrong, or what additional steps I need to undertake to migrate my CB info to a Joomla 1.5 site?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45031 by beat
Joomla 1.5 RC2 is not ready for production sites. See our front-page article and related discussion thread.

Joomla migration tool not ready too.

Please use joomla forums for joomla-support. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #47872 by Jurgentje
Replied by Jurgentje on topic Re:Joomla 1.0/1.5 migration... missing data
Well... sorry for the nag, but I think that's too short for an answer.

Though it's true, I would like to try out some things on my local testing environment... and a mock upgrade (so a template in development actually grows around the content the site is going to have later) is - imo - an essential part of it.

I would like to try doing an upgrade locally... so I installed the migrator component (= Joomla part) but then, for 3rd party SQL-elements, one is recommended to install "3rd party migrators" into the component.

And here, I don't get any feedback from CB... obviously, I assume a plain dump from the #__comprofiler... tables will suffise. But then again, if you want to be user-friendly this plugin is not redundant at all. (or at the minimum some explanation on this)

Anxiously waiting for Joomla 1.5 to go into production phase... and for CB 1.1 to be ready to migrate just along...

15 years 5 months ago #79532 by greenmommy
Replied by greenmommy on topic Re:Joomla 1.0/1.5 migration... missing data
i am trying to use this forum for migration support, but not finding any answer as to why my users don't show on the admin panel after migration and installing database.

I am a documentation subscriber...I understand I can't expect great support for a free script, but really....don't get irritated just because people aren't finding the answers they need!

15 years 4 months ago #80419 by stumpy_dan
Replied by stumpy_dan on topic Re:Joomla 1.0/1.5 migration... missing data
Why are there no guidelines anywhere for what to do with CB whne migrating Joomla 1.0 to Joomla 1.5. Maybe I should kiss it goodbye and try a new community component. Shame as it has ben great to date. It seems odd there is so little in terms of support for this here.

Is there a migrator tool? Do I uninstall CB first and then re-install afterwards. Are all plug in's redundant after wards. Whats the process or order? Do I need to chnage anythign in my databse tables?

Am I the only one wondering how to do this?

15 years 4 months ago #80716 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:Joomla 1.0/1.5 migration... missing data
Hi All, I am also having a few minor issues with my Joomla upgrade to 1.5.8 I have Community Builder 1.1 installed on both sites. I used the Joomla migrator tool to migrate my data across, which it did brilliantly. I have reinstalled CB1.1 onto the new site and checked that all of the users have been transferred, which they have. What hasn't been transferred is the additional fields that I had installed and all of the associated data. I have tried exporting all of the CB tables using phpadmin from the old database, but phpadmin just hangs when I try to import this sql file. Am I doing something wrong here?

Some guidense would be much appreciated

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn