Unable to Login Frontend (have searched forums!)

15 years 8 months ago #69616 by chrisw184
I know there have been a few other threads on the same topic but they don't seem to be exactly the same or have the wrong solutions.

I am using CB 1.1 with Joomla 1.0.15 Stable

These are both clean installs...I have not upgraded either from any previous versions.

I have followed the CB README.txt instructions exactly and it is installed and works fine...or sort of...I will try to be brief:

If I use the CB Login module then I CAN'T login.
If I use the Joomla Default Login module then I CAN login.

When I register through the CB registration (comprofiler) then I can register and it saves all the user info fine.

So when I try to login with the CB login it doesn't login...and does not produce any errors. If I try with unregistered login details then it gives me the 'incorrect username and password. please try again' message....so when I AM trying to login with the correct details it does know they exist else it would give me the same error message...it just won't login. It does NOT show in the backend admin as logged in like some users have noted with being unable to login frontend.

I don't know if there is any issues with CB 1.1 and Joomla 1.0.15 Stable or if there is anything anyone knows how to solve the problem.

I don't want to use the default Joomla login module for obvious reasons but it is looking the only way so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you need further info please ask.

Thanks

Post edited by: chrisw184, at: 2008/07/28 14:51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #69645 by beat
a few ideas, hard to tell:

- users synchronized in CB tools ?
- any element on page reloading page partially ?
- redirect-to page unset / try to set / try to unset in cb login module params

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #80249 by mortenland
I'm having a lot of problems with my site after installing the CB.
I can basically login with the normal login module, but not with the CB login module. I have syncronized the users, and I'm not getting any errors. When I login with the normal module I'm registered as loged in on the CB module, and I am also able to logout with the CB module with no problems. The login redirect is the same as logout which works fine. All users are enabled, confirmed and approved. I can also change a users password in the backend with the CB user manager and it works on the standard login module, but not with the CB login module. I have also tried changing the redirect-to page.
How can I solve this?
- M
Oh by the way I'm using joomla 1.57 with CB1.1

Post edited by: mortenland, at: 2008/11/20 18:35

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.604 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn