CB 1.1 - Front end login problem

15 years 4 months ago #79235 by CloakEd
CB 1.1 - Front end login problem was created by CloakEd
I know the issue has been discussed in other threads as I have spend several hours reading them and trying suggestions, but as I couldn´t get it working, I´ve decided to ask for some help in the forum.

There is this old Mambo 4.5.2 site I need to secure, it has 1.0RC2 installed and working with about 1000 users.

For what I read I figured the safest way would be to upgrade to CB 1.1 first, then move to a recent Joomla 1.0.x version. (I also tried the other way around and didn´t work either)

After several attempts I realized that, even before I made any changes in the CMS, right after upgrading CB, users could not log in at the front end.

I am testing in a virtual machine, where I initially tried the "Expert Upgrade Mode" but got stuck somewhere (most likely because the guide assumes I would be using JOS instead of MOS). After that, I started over and removed the old CB then reinstalled the 1.1 version as explained in the docs.
No luck, I still get an 'invalid username/password' rejection.

The only other mambo addon is facileForms, mambo´s log-in and registration features were disabled, and it is not the www cookie bug, as it was taken care of a long time ago.

What am I missing to have this working?

Btw, in the end I intend to move to Joomla 1.0.15...

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn