obviously not

15 years 1 month ago #90241 by Crunkedout
obviously not was created by Crunkedout
I've noticed around here that things do not get answered or you get a smart ass remark from Beat when you ask a question... (not user friendly at all)... I use CB and J1.0.15 and I'm desperately trying to update to 1.5... however there is no easy way to migrate my thousand users in CB!... For this to be an ongoing problem it would seem that there would be an answer after all this time...

I can't continue to use 1.0.15 considering it's a script that hasn't been worked on in over a year and is now considered basically dead... I just got hacked two days ago with it... but if you're using J1.0.x and CB you're you know what out of luck...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #90242 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:obviously not
I don't see a question before your accusations, so I'm not sure what to answer except that Beat is working as we speak on some awesome updates to the plugins... I know because I'm testing for him.

These are community forums where we try to help each other to allow the developers time to do just that. It sounds as if your issue is a database issue, which has been asked and answered several times in these forums. Have you searched for these posts or just having a bad day and needed an outlet?

Some posts do get overlooked, because we all, unfortunately, get pulled in other directions and lose track of time and where we left off in the forum threads.

If you'd care to edit your post, I'd like to help you find a way to solve your problem. I'm not a database expert, but I have imported my old database several times... sometimes with issues and sometimes not, but trial and error has always worked for me.... AFTER making a backup of the database of course.

;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 1 month ago #90243 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:obviously not
Crunkedout wrote:

I've noticed around here that things do not get answered or you get a smart ass remark from Beat when you ask a question... (not user friendly at all)... I use CB and J1.0.15 and I'm desperately trying to update to 1.5... however there is no easy way to migrate my thousand users in CB!... For this to be an ongoing problem it would seem that there would be an answer after all this time...

I can't continue to use 1.0.15 considering it's a script that hasn't been worked on in over a year and is now considered basically dead... I just got hacked two days ago with it... but if you're using J1.0.x and CB you're you know what out of luck...

1) please point me to 3 unfriendly answers from me or Rapunzl (or at least less friendly than the one i quoted). Will be happy to fix them (while continuing developing of course). Maybe you could fix too, in the mean time ;) ?

2) CB 1.2 Stable runs fine on Joomla 1.5. Do not try to use CB 1.1 for that (saw you posting in (obsolete) CB 1.1 forum). Upgrade clone of your joomla 1.0 site to CB 1.2, then use mtwmigrator (supports CB 1.2 migration together with Joomla) to move to Joomla 1.5. CB 1.2 upgrade is simple, but joomla 1.5 migration is unfortunately no simple task, but it's done many times. Joomla's hard update path is not a CB issue, for that, please use joomla forum.

3) Joomla 1.0.x is maintained until this summer by Joomla core team (i even heard of an initiative aiming at providing longer-term maintenance for it). Having no new releases since Joomla 1.0.15 just means that it's mature and that no new vulnerabilities have been found in joomla 1.0's core so far. Which is excellent sign. Of course joomla 1.5 is being matured too, and will be obsoleted by joomla 1.6, when it comes out.

Hope that answers your concerns and will help you. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 month ago #90262 by Crunkedout
Replied by Crunkedout on topic Re:obviously not
Okay maybe I'm frustrated... cause I've literally been trying to upgrade all day and MAN it's hard... So I'll take that comment back :)

I have CB 1.2 stable on my site using J!1.0.15
and I've tried everything! the mtwMIGRATOR

writing my own ETL's and nothing seems to work!
So yeah I guess it's a Joomla thing... I would seriously like to migrate to 1.5 but can't...

15 years 1 month ago #90417 by Crunkedout
Replied by Crunkedout on topic Re:obviously not
Here's a question you two may be able to help me with... I've migrated to 1.5 (in another directory) The user's are there but the pictures are not... I've transferred the directory /images/comprofiler to the new directory... but still no pics... also it says this about each member "This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!" and that their pictures are "pending"...

Yet there is nowhere in the backend that I can manually approved the members...

Any suggestion?

Post edited by: Crunkedout, at: 2009/03/03 06:08

15 years 1 month ago #90436 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:obviously not
Crunkedout wrote:

Here's a question you two may be able to help me with... I've migrated to 1.5 (in another directory) The user's are there but the pictures are not... I've transferred the directory /images/comprofiler to the new directory... but still no pics... also it says this about each member "This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!" and that their pictures are "pending"...

Yet there is nowhere in the backend that I can manually approved the members...

Any suggestion?

Post edited by: Crunkedout, at: 2009/03/03 06:08

Make sure that the SQL tables starting with jos_comprofiler are all transfered to your new joomla 1.5 database. :)

EDIT: clarified

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/03/03 12:02

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn