Captcha dead after upgrade , even with new install

16 years 7 months ago #44714 by nant
btoovey wrote:

I didnt have a previous version working - I didnt know this problem was dependent on having the previous version working. I am running the latest cb, joomla, and just installed this plugin and not working.

Thanks,
Brian

well the thread topic clearly indicates the issue discussed is around the captcha working on sites and then not working after CB 1.1 updates ...

did you check if your installation has the needed prerequisites?

GD, freetype, no SMF bridge with DB session...

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/09/02 21:15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44732 by btoovey
My PHP was't compiled with the truetype option. You may want to document the requirements on the plugin page or include those tests on the test suite page. I couldnt find the list of requirements took some time.

Great tool! Thanks for all your hard work!

Brian

16 years 7 months ago #44737 by nant
btoovey wrote:

My PHP was't compiled with the truetype option. You may want to document the requirements on the plugin page or include those tests on the test suite page. I couldnt find the list of requirements took some time.

Great tool! Thanks for all your hard work!

Brian

Good point.
Next release will have backend checks + a readme file (which of course no one will read - lol).

Even now these requirements and any known issues are stated:

here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,31129/catid,7/

and here:
extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1802/Itemid,35/

glad you got things working B)

16 years 7 months ago #45566 by Annaleen
Annaleen wrote:

Hi

I did go through this forum, re-installed plug-in don't have 2 tabs and ?> added on line 940 in language file. Security input box shows, no image. Any other ideas?

Kind regards
Annaleen

Hi

I upgraded to the 2.0, works very well! Thank you Nant for your support, and for the new plugin. All the hard work that you put in the past 2 months really shows.

Kind Regards
Annaleen:cheer:

15 years 4 months ago #81124 by maro123
Hi, have you found any solution in between. I think I have exactly same problem right now :( Thank you.

15 years 4 months ago #81171 by Annaleen
Hi it's so long ago but if I remember correctly the problem was with thumbnail display:

The issue was caused because the permissions for the thumbnails were incorrect. I have set the permissions for the domain folder recursively to 755 and this has fixed the issue.
Hope it helps.:unsure:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn