Simpleboard tab not behaving like other 3pd tabs

16 years 7 months ago #42708 by ffaabbss
Hi Beat!
On my suggestion you have moved 3rd Party plugin tabs and they are now not listed under the "profile"-Tabs anymore when nested tabs is enabled.

BUT

Simpleboard tab in the "edit-profile"-view is still being nested under "Profile"-tab.
You probably missed that little detail :P

Could you please name a quick fix for that to prevent nesting?
I suppose this will be rectified in the next version?

Thanks so much.
Fabs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #43870 by beat
The Simpleboard tab created by joomla/fire/board is a standard fields-only tab. No way to distinguish it from other tabs...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #43915 by ffaabbss
Trying to find solution:

1) If it cannot be distinguished by field type there should be a a little javascript "if" in the code that moves that tab out to list above with third party tabs. It could maybe be done by the standard plugin name. if the tab is from plugin "simpleboard" then move it out like third party tabs.

2) Or change the tab a little so it is not standard fields ONLY but put some hidden code in it so it is moved out automatically like third party tabs...

The way it is solved now is unfortunate because the ordering is really sensible now moving third party out of profile-tab but simpleboard stays inside which makes the whole solution now inconsistent...

If you do not intend to solve that "issue" (well, at least for me an "issue" :blush: ) for CB official release, maybe you could point me to the code where I could make some hack of some sort to move simpleboard-tab to where I think it needs to go?

Thanks

16 years 6 months ago #44767 by ffaabbss
PLease somebody... preferably Beat...
is there no, not even some quick or dirty fix to get rid of that issue?
Really thanksul for any advice how to get it done...
See you
Fabs

16 years 6 months ago #44769 by mikko
You can use any plugin that wraps around other tabs to make this tab behave like plugin tab. For example privacy policy or consolidated tab could do this. I would attach the files, but do not have them here.

-Mikko

16 years 6 months ago #44773 by ffaabbss
how do you mean "wrap around". u mean I should install consolidated tab and then publish the simpleboard tab via consolidated tab?
but the problem is: will this simpleboard tab then also be "not nested" in "edit profile"-view?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn