Search engine friendly URLs mode

16 years 7 months ago #44984 by Back2Cali
Search engine friendly URLs mode was created by Back2Cali
Hi!

Can somebody tell me if the following problem is a bug or if it's just me doing something wrong:

When I have the search engine friendly url mode set to no whenever I log in to my frontpage I end up with a 404. After klicking in the 404 form on Home Page I end up on my regular frontpage logged in as I wanted it.
Now whenever I enable the search engine friendly url mode I can log in to the frontpage not having a 404 error. But no when new people want to sign up the signup form goes nuts. After clicking on register the signup form will be displayer with all css formating disabled.

So either I have an 404 with a register form I like it to be or I have no 404 but also no CSS at my registration form.

I'm running Joomla 1.5RC2 on a Linux server with the latest community builder plugin.

Does anybody know what I can do to get rid of the error? I would prefer to have search engine friendly URLs over the default URL mode.
Can anyone help, please?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44990 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Search engine friendly URLs mode
SEF in Joomla 1.5 RC2 is completely broken. Don't use it.

Check our Front-page article and discussion thread about Joomla 1.5 RC2...as well as the forum we point to in that thread.

You may try 1.5 nightly or SVN but i can't tell if it's yet fixed.

Or just stick to Joomla 1.0 for now. :D

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn