captcha

16 years 6 months ago #45184 by rampa84
captcha was created by rampa84
Hi, i installed the captcha plugin but i cannot see the captcha image on "register new account"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #45326 by bitzer
Replied by bitzer on topic Re:captcha
I couldn't even register on Joomlapolis because I couldn't see the CAPTCHA image (or hear the audio) on Windows XP Pro + Firefox 2/IE6 or Windows XP Home + Firefox 2/IE6/IE7; the only way I could see the CAPTCHA image was on Linux + Konqueror.

I have the same problem on my WAMP testbed with a web site I am developing; the box to enter the code is displayed, but no CAPTCHA image.

16 years 6 months ago #45330 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:captcha
bitzer wrote:

I couldn't even register on Joomlapolis because I couldn't see the CAPTCHA image (or hear the audio) on Windows XP Pro + Firefox 2/IE6 or Windows XP Home + Firefox 2/IE6/IE7; the only way I could see the CAPTCHA image was on Linux + Konqueror.

I have the same problem on my WAMP testbed with a web site I am developing; the box to enter the code is displayed, but no CAPTCHA image.

you most likely had mcafee security installed on your pc - it thinks the captcha is an add and blocks it!

16 years 6 months ago #45331 by bitzer
Replied by bitzer on topic Re:captcha
Thanks nant.

:blush:I got the CAPTCHA working on my WAMP testbed - I discovered the workaround (www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/func,view/catid,13/id,38019/) in the forum:blush:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn