can't login using IE6 on another computer

16 years 6 months ago #46260 by annabel
Replied by annabel on topic Re:can't login using IE6 on another computer
Hi again,

Can the user, register with IE then loggin with Firefox / IE. If the registration passed then there is no reason
why the loggin could no go through.

In some cases, you have to empty the SESSION table or just delete the rows which pertain to that user. Use phpMyAdmin to do so.

Registerin on one machine then login from another machine must not be the problem, cause I have tested all the scenarios. The only time it failed is when Privacy Settings is not set properly either on firefox / IE.

Hope this helps.

Annabel (without T)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #46261 by beat
annabel wrote:

The only time it failed is when Privacy Settings is not set properly either on firefox / IE.

Thanks for helping troubleshooting this. Btw, actually CB uses joomla's anti-spoofing in the CB login module... So your results with CB login module should be same as with joomla login module. Is this the case ?

Which privacy setting is making it fail/work in Firefox ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #46300 by annabelt
Replied by annabelt on topic Re:can't login using IE6 on another computer
I've just registered a member using Internet Explorer and a friend was able to use the login details at work using Firefox. I also checked the session table in the database and could not find anything relating to the user who could not login before. There was an unidentified session that appeared to be a guest (1 in the guest column) though I'm not sure as there's nothing in the username and usertype columns. I can't tell from my web stats if anyone is still there at the moment, but I closed the Internet Explorer window I used to register with and the sessions in the table didn't change.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn