FATAL ERROR: File could not be opened.

16 years 6 months ago #46488 by joejvghack
Replied by joejvghack on topic Re:FATAL ERROR: File could not be opened.
Hi Beat!

I am one of those "I use both" kind of developers. Better opportunities for consulting fees ;)

I was weaned on Unix, a long, long time ago, in a far-away land called Digital Equipment Corporation - VAX 11/780, Bourne Shell. I think it's Compaq now. Any way, I read you loud and clear on the Linux side (my ISP is LAMP). I am LAMP and WIMP on the local development side - .NET generates consulting $ also :) My problem was on the WIMP side as my local LINUX box works fine with commands that let me easily change what Windows makes difficult to change.

But, I am a devotee of Open Source and believe in it. The other one is just a necessary evil :evil:

Thanks again!

Joe

Post edited by: joejvghack, at: 2007/09/24 00:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #46501 by beat
<off-topic>:

No problem, nothing against Bill, computers are not a religion for me :)

Was just a joke, well understood :laugh:

Yup, nice machines these VAXes...and powerfull, compared to the first computer i programmed, in binary!, a PDP-11...if that rings some old bells :D

</off-topic>

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn