[SOLUTION] Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 RC2

16 years 6 months ago #46317 by phrito
Surely, I'm missing something. I'm running CB 1.1 and Joomla 1.5 (legacy mode). I have CBLogin enabled and followed the readme.txt on install. When I try to login, I get a 404 Error. I've seen several posts with people talking about this, but I haven't seen any solution.

I've set the url redirects to index.php, but that doesn't work. Someone had a link to a .txt file, but that link does not work now.

My main reason for wanting to use CB is so I can manually approve users. Should I use another version of CB? Is there another way to accomplish this? Any ideas?

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/10/06 11:35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #46330 by beat
just sent you a pms for some tests... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #46337 by senojeel
Replied by senojeel on topic Re:Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 (legacy)
The problem seems to be with the url it is directing to after login. It is not encoding the & .

16 years 6 months ago #46354 by randyt
I´ve the same problem. And yes it´s because of the "&". But where to fix it?

16 years 6 months ago #46355 by phrito
Beat emailed me a patch earlier today and it worked like a charm. I don't know when they'll be ready to release it, but maybe you all could try it too.

16 years 6 months ago #46375 by dhowe01
Replied by dhowe01 on topic Re:Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 (legacy)
I get the same error, but only the 1st time a new user logs in. wierd..
Will the patch include this problem? or is it something unique to my site?

thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I have SEF enabled, and I think I need to point the URL under "URL for first login visit" to the SEF version of the profile page.

Post edited by: dhowe01, at: 2007/09/22 13:48

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn