[SOLUTION] Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 RC2

16 years 3 months ago #52718 by gazita123
Yes, I'm having the same trouble with a fresh install. I tried the code fix, but that didn't change anything from what I could tell.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #52719 by rogerco
This (404 errors on login) seems to have been a problem with the Joomla trunk login module as well that has now been fixed in the latest nightly builds.

I was still getting it with CB login module but only on the second and subsequent logins on any given browser session (Firefox) - required a complete exit from Firefox (not just the tab) and then the first login in a new session would work, but subsequent ones fail. Simply forcing a complete reload of the page did not clear it.

The fix below (thanks to Baka) to line 512 of mod_cblogin.php seems to have fixed it for me, but there is something very weird going on that it only broke on the second login...

16 years 3 months ago #52750 by michael_belanger
Replied by michael_belanger on topic Re:[SOLUTION] Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 RC
gazita123 wrote:

Yes, I'm having the same trouble with a fresh install. I tried the code fix, but that didn't change anything from what I could tell.

A friend of mine had a look since I was having similar issues, and he set the login URL to simply index.php, and logout URL to simply /

It seems to work consistently now; worth giving it a shot!

16 years 3 months ago #52784 by leeshipley
How strange. It worked for me too.
I had the cb_login with the fix loaded and I change the redirection of login and logout in the module's parameters as you suggested.

Some more information. I checked back into the parameters and found that the logout parameter had spontaneously become "index.php" as well

I then uninstalled CB_login and reinstalled to start with a clean sheet. By putting "index.php" in both the login and logout redirections the problem seemed to go away..

I will leave it to better brains than mine to figure out why the browser was being redirected to a nonexistent URL. It looked like a variable not being zeroed out before being used.:)

16 years 3 months ago #53582 by adornay
Replied by adornay on topic Re:Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 RC
www.engineeredplague.kwikwiki.php/teplague/

I have installed community builder and tried the fixes posted on here to no avail, i still get error 404 at login/lost password/registration.

Could anyone give me a hand in getting it up and running pls, it would be really appreciated.

nvm got it working.

My issue was with an incomplete installation of the comprofiler component.

Post edited by: adornay, at: 2008/01/04 10:25

16 years 3 months ago #53970 by dvanassc
FYI, I was having the same problem, which baka's solution rectified. But, I was also having the issue when the "first login url" was accessed. I rectified the first login url issue by changing the following in components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php.

[code:1]$return = sefRelToAbs($ueConfig);[/code:1]

To:
[code:1]$return = $ueConfig;[/code:1]

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn