[Joomla 1.5RC3-FIX] Profile update cb.core foreach

16 years 5 months ago #48054 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Profile update -> cb.core error
Welcome aboard :) Yes, online communities are amazing to watch, and even more to participate in ;) .

Ok, thanks for feedback and help solving. The API change of Joomla 1.5 has now been implemented in code for next CB, as suggested by Joomla dev lead Jinx on Joomla forum.

Moving topic to solved and sticky, editing title, so others can find easier. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #48067 by Maultrommel
Replied by Maultrommel on topic Re:[Joomla 1.5RC3-FIX] Profile update cb.core fore
Thanks everybody for the fix, works fine!

My next task will be to move the frontend-params to an extra tab, for it doesn't completly fit in the contact info. But at the moment it's not top priority...

Thanks Beat for your help.

16 years 5 months ago #48317 by docweathers
Since people are saying thanks for the fix, some place in this discussion there seems to be a link to the fix (Joomla 1.5RC3-FIX )for this problem, but darned if I can find it. Could some one point me to it?

Thanks

Larry

Larry Weathers

16 years 5 months ago #48405 by peajayess

... the fix ... but darned if I can find it. Could some one point me to it?

The quick fix is on Joomla forum. In this Joomlapolis topic, there are 4 messages that link directly to the topic over there with the quick fix. Simply re-read this topic carefully. The messages are in chronological order (note, multiple pages). You'll see the oldest messages simply reporting the problem, then Beat of the CB team explains and suggests the other forum, then developments on the other forum are mentioned here, then people reporting the fix works, etc.

The fix involves locating and modifying 2 lines of PHP code inside a particular file, buried deep within the hierarchy of files in your Joomla/CB installation. The fix NOT a zip file you can upload to the plugin manager. It is merely instructions to make the change yourself using a text editor to manually modify the code. That file has many hundred lines... vastly more than in this topic, and it is one of hundreds of files in your Joomla installation.

Please be careful, as you could really mess things up by changing the wrong lines of code. If you can't find the quick fix, understand how to apply it, and locate the exact lines with certainty, you might be better off simply waiting for a newer versions of the code to be published.

Post edited by: peajayess, at: 2007/10/20 21:17

16 years 4 months ago #49478 by GreenJelly
Confirmed here... Nightly build within the last week.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mparisi0/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 240

DOH!

16 years 4 months ago #50794 by jondragt
Does anybody know what this means from the above post?

Look URL link to joomla core forum and instruction on page 3 of this thread for fix.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/10/16 23:38

I don't know if it's just that I'm new or if it's late, but I don't get where I'm supposed to look for this fix if that's what's being said.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn