users cant edit profile

16 years 4 months ago #50972 by Svendbent
users cant edit profile was created by Svendbent
I know similar problems has been posted before but i havent been able to solve the problem yet.
The problem is that users cant edit their profile in frontend. when update is pressed nothing happens, it just doesnt save the info. ive tried the check database funtion in the community builder but all shows green.
ive also checked if its the problem with a dodgy template but changing to a standard template doesnt help. same story with language.
ive also read that some people get this problem with a specific module installed but i havent installed that module.

I really hope that someone can help me with this. since its very important for this site that ppl can actually edit their profiles.
I can also allow someone access to the system if its required.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #51171 by fathi
Replied by fathi on topic Re:users cant edit profile
Using J1.5RC and CB1.1, I have the same problem that user cannot update his profile through front-end even after applied this fix for Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mparisi0/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 240.
Meanwhile Update through back-end (CB1.1 under joomla administrator) works fine.
I have noticed that the page does not call task saveUserEdit in the comprofiler.php, and it you try to post it through the browser an error arise as “session expired and/or not enabled in your browser” meanwhile it is enabled, the error arise in case of using firefox or IE7. This issue almost related to these many opened issues for “session expired…..

16 years 4 months ago #51189 by nhudell
Replied by nhudell on topic Re:users cant edit profile
I'm also getting this error. I;m using the latest CB as well as Joomla 1.5 (nightly build from 3 days ago.)

This looks really nasty on my site. :(

Does anyone have an idea for a fix?

16 years 4 months ago #52408 by koukou
Replied by koukou on topic Re:users cant edit profile
any solution for this yet?
i have tha same problem!
users cannot save their profile!

16 years 4 months ago #52427 by Kre0
Replied by Kre0 on topic Re:users cant edit profile
I upgrade from Joomla 1.0.12 to 1.0.13.
Now "Community" and "Modify" button on "User Profile" doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

16 years 3 months ago #53910 by wrw
Replied by wrw on topic Re:users cant edit profile
Hi:

I had a similar problem when I installed YANC 1.5. The ability for a user (edit button) to edit their profile and the community button dissappeared. I uninstalled YANC. That did not fix the problem. I then looked at the CB Plugin manager and somehow the CB Menu plugin had reverted to the unpublished state. I immediately published the CB Menu and the Edit and Community reappeared.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn