Users logged out of front end constantly

16 years 4 months ago #51309 by ausnets
Hi, I've read lots of threads with similar problem, but no solutions yet.

I have Joomla 1.0.12 and CB 1.1

All is fine *except* for 2 users.
They can login the the frontend ok, but then every navigation they make throws them out and back to the login page again.

As one of these users is the site owner, she is not too happy.

The common thread between the two users with the problem is that one is accessing from a school and one from a police office. So, they are presumably behind firewalls of some kind.

Is there any knowledge about this problem ?
Would appreciate any advice here....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83210 by transmanaz
Replied by transmanaz on topic Re:Users logged out of front end constantly
I'd like to bump up this thread..I'm only able to find a couple other threads using Search on this site that talk about this, and I'm unable to find the solution.

Using Joomla 1.5.8, Legacy, CB 1.1

It *usually* only happens when clicking to see the Member List. But randomly at other times.

Logging in almost always takes TWO attempts, the first not actually logging in, then the next login does work. (then shows as logged in twice in Admin panel).

Then when clicking on a registered (or above) member link (for instance, Member List, or sometimes Submit an Article, etc.) the user is promptly logged out. However, there is no warning, and nothing that shows one was logged out - except when trying the Member List, it gives the message of "no published lists available" - then one figures out that they are no longer logged in (the Users menu has disappeared).

Could someone point me to the answer to this frustrating problem?

Thanks!
Michael

Post edited by: transmanaz, at: 2008/12/23 13:03

Post edited by: transmanaz, at: 2008/12/23 13:04

15 years 4 months ago #83213 by nant
transmanaz wrote:

I'd like to bump up this thread..I'm only able to find a couple other threads using Search on this site that talk about this, and I'm unable to find the solution.

Using Joomla 1.5.8, Legacy, CB 1.1

It *usually* only happens when clicking to see the Member List. But randomly at other times.

Logging in almost always takes TWO attempts, the first not actually logging in, then the next login does work. (then shows as logged in twice in Admin panel).

Then when clicking on a registered (or above) member link (for instance, Member List, or sometimes Submit an Article, etc.) the user is promptly logged out. However, there is no warning, and nothing that shows one was logged out - except when trying the Member List, it gives the message of "no published lists available" - then one figures out that they are no longer logged in (the Users menu has disappeared).

Could someone point me to the answer to this frustrating problem?

Thanks!
Michael

Post edited by: transmanaz, at: 2008/12/23 13:03

Post edited by: transmanaz, at: 2008/12/23 13:04

Upgrade to CB 1.2 RC4..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn