Can't Update Profile in Frontend

15 years 4 months ago #79386 by andrewfblack
Can't Update Profile in Frontend was created by andrewfblack
Ok I'm running Joomla 1.5.7 and CB 1.1 I can't seem to get profiles to update from the front end if I go to the admin panel and I change them there. Anyone got any idea what the problem is?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #80092 by tomcat
Replied by tomcat on topic Re:Can't Update Profile in Frontend
I have the exactsame problem. Been searching for days now but still cannot find the answer.

Is anyone able to help us on this please :)

Thanks in advance

15 years 4 months ago #80135 by uhkweb
Replied by uhkweb on topic Re:Can't Update Profile in Frontend
I am having the same issue. And I have been ever since I got CB. I have even completely reinstalled my website 3 times.. along with fresh copies of FB and CB. It upsets me that nobody has offered any support on this issue as a lot of people are having it. Here it is in DETAIL!

Joomla 1.5.7 - FB 1.0.5 - CB 1.1
Every time you go to update a profile in the fonrt end of either the main page or FB, when you click on update it kicks you back to the main page of our site and does not save any changes. I can edit profiles in the backend flawlessly, but unless i plan to give all 400 members access to the administration (which I wont) this does not help anyone but the admins.

This site is for a WoW Guild and I have spent over 250$ so far and things don't work right. I am hesitant to pay for the CB support when I see paid members asking questions like this one and not getting any response. (Not this question in particular as the post is from earlier today) I have witnessed some awesome support here as well, so I am very torn as to spend the money for support when I have been burned for 70$ so far by open source companies that offer "support" by forums being the 1 and only option. They tend to take your $ and then leave the members to support each other. But when you are on a time table, usually forum support for "individual" or "unique" problems do not come fast enough.

This post is in no way a flame, just pointing out this now so we don't waste any time by having someone say "Well you might wanna try the new version of CB."

Post edited by: uhkweb, at: 2008/11/19 20:37

15 years 4 months ago #80410 by firon
Replied by firon on topic Re:Can't Update Profile in Frontend
i just have this problem as well, i never noticed until yesterday, after 1 month using CB.

does updating do 1.2 RC will help?

15 years 4 months ago #80800 by membersasdad
Replied by membersasdad on topic Re:Can't Update Profile in Frontend
Same issue here. Still waiting for a response.

15 years 3 months ago #83551 by puanthanh
Replied by puanthanh on topic Re:Can't Update Profile in Frontend
Why admin does not reply to this problem? Many are facing the same problem. Will be glad to hear from admin that they at least know the problem user are facing.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn