com_modlogin error - using Joomla 1.5.7

15 years 4 months ago #80522 by futuresounds
com_modlogin error - using Joomla 1.5.7 was created by futuresounds
I have read "Re:[SOLUTION] Error 404 Login CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 RC2" and am pulling my hair out...whether I've missed a step or just crazy...

I believe I have put into place all the fixes they suggested, without much luck. I noticed I could login from another page on my site but not from the home page. It sends me to my /index.php page, and I see the header and logo, but the content will not show up. It then tells me cannot dispaly page www.FutureSoundsOnline.com/joomla/index.php. It only displays the top, no content then goes to "page cannot be displayed.

Thanks in advanced.

Here's my setup.

GoDaddy Hosting
Joomla! 1.5.7 Production/Stable [ Wovusani ] 9-September-2008 23:00 GMT
Community Builder 1.1

If I upgrade to 1.2 would that fix my problem?

Post edited by: futuresounds, at: 2008/11/24 23:28

Post edited by: futuresounds, at: 2008/11/24 23:59

Post edited by: futuresounds, at: 2008/11/25 00:00

www.FutureSoundsStudios.com - soon to be CB created! :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #80774 by beat
Yes, CB 1.2 is recommended for Joomla 1.5 (see left column).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #80780 by futuresounds
Replied by futuresounds on topic Re:com_modlogin error - using Joomla 1.5.7
I upgraded Joomla to 1.5.8 as well as CB to 1.2 RC3. Still the same issue. It will not log me in correctly, gives me the same error.

15 years 4 months ago #80781 by beat
Things to try:

1) delete and re-create the mandatory CB Profile menu item (public level)

2) Switch SEF to off

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #80785 by futuresounds
Will try the mandatory public menu.

Before I switch SEF off, can you tell me what that is used for? I've seen it somewhere else in joomla and believe I had it being used by another component. Want to make sure I'm not hurting myself.

Thanks Beat!!!

15 years 4 months ago #80795 by futuresounds
Ok I figured out Search Engine Friendly and turned it off. I haven't messed with the menu quite yet. When I turned off the SEF then I could login properly but as soon as I went to another page, it gave me the same error (well the error was different because SEF was off so it gave the long name.)

The other problem is SEF is an absolutely must for my site. My normal site is SEO effective, has a PR of 4 on google and high on search engine lists due to it being search engine friendly. I have built this new joomla site with ALL the links being the same, so I need SEF. What are my options? I have seen this is a HUGE problem in the forum and have seen no clear fix.

Thanks Beat!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn