CB Db test error; duplicate fields on Reg form

15 years 2 months ago #86571 by tatwood
I have two problems that can use some assistance from the forum community:

1. Error messages in the CB database test.
2. Duplicate field labels and Password field on the Registration page.

Following advice on this forum, I uninstalled CB 1.2 RC4 and reverted to V1.1 to achieve more stability. Now I'm getting the same messages that other forum members are getting about missing columns in the comprofiler table when I test the database:
- Column onlinestatus is missing from comprofiler table.

- Column formatname is missing from comprofiler table.

- Column connections is missing from comprofiler table.

- Column forumrank is missing from comprofiler table.

- Column forumposts is missing from comprofiler table.

- Column forumkarma is missing from comprofiler table.

This one can be fixed by deleting and recreating the field(s) using Components > Community Builder > Field Management. Please additionally make sure that columns in comprofiler table are not also duplicated in users table.
I wonder if detritus in the tables from the uninstall/reinstall is playing havoc here?

I attempted to repair the database on the hosting server using PhPMyAdmin. Everything checks out.

I checked the fields in the comprofiler table, and the referenced fields are indeed missing. But I wonder why some of them are expected to be present. Why are the forum-related fields required? I have no forum enabled. Before I struggle to replace the fields in CB Field Management as recommended--which presumably would require knowledge of the required properties, such as data types--I want to find out more.

Further, my registration page displays duplicate fields, as reported in other threads. The extra field labels are as follows:

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
User Name:

With the Password label, a text entry field also appears:

Password: [An entry field appears here]

The page won't validate without entering data, even if you fill in the expected password field.

The attached text file has the dump in debug mode when I access the Registration page. Is this a known issue?

I think that I might be dealing with a botched retrograde. If I have to uninstall and reinstall everything, this stage of development is the right time to do it.

Suggestions welcome!

Attachment access_reg_pg_debug_dump-78e796d049cabf9d11d57978ed9541cf.txt not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101044 by saraivacanejo
Replied by saraivacanejo on topic Re:CB Db test error; duplicate fields on Reg form
I have the exact same issue and I suspect your retrograde theory to be correct... but how do we fix it?

Help!

14 years 10 months ago #101060 by tatwood
Replied by tatwood on topic SOLVED: Re:CB Db test error; duplicate fields
I resolved this issue by reinstalling Joomla and CB and starting over.

Wish the news were better.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn