Timeframe for Native Joomla! 1.5 Support?

16 years 1 month ago #57211 by DraX3D
Hi.

I just started working with CB on a Joomla 1 site but I had already done significant work to a 1.5 upgrade and have found that some of the plugins I'm using for it conflict somewhat when being run in legacy mode.

Is here any idea how long it will take before there is a 1.5 Native releas of CB 1.1?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #57212 by nant
DraX3D wrote:

Hi.

I just started working with CB on a Joomla 1 site but I had already done significant work to a 1.5 upgrade and have found that some of the plugins I'm using for it conflict somewhat when being run in legacy mode.

Is here any idea how long it will take before there is a 1.5 Native releas of CB 1.1?

CB 1.2 will support Joomla 1.5 natively.

However, this doesn't mean that 3PD CB plugins will automatically be 1.5 native compatible.

16 years 1 month ago #57256 by jimijon
Replied by jimijon on topic Re:Timeframe for Native Joomla! 1.5 Support?
I have a 1.5 site I am putting together and would like to go live March 1st. I don;t know if 1.2 is going to be ready then, but, if it is close, is it possible to get in on the beta?

Thanks you.

16 years 1 month ago #57289 by nant
jimijon wrote:

I have a 1.5 site I am putting together and would like to go live March 1st. I don;t know if 1.2 is going to be ready then, but, if it is close, is it possible to get in on the beta?

Thanks you.

PM me (nant)

16 years 1 month ago #57329 by beat
jimijon wrote:

Thanks you.

You can start with CB 1.1 and leave legacy on, then do the easy upgrade to CB 1.2 and turn legacy off.

However: please note that while CB goes native, most 3pd CB plugins will probably also need some adaptation as well. So that might take some time, even if CB's API will provide ways to become portable accross platforms natively.

If you got time, you can always join CB testteam (PM Nick=nant), and try the native beta in the next days.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #71676 by darb
Hope that plgin will all be native soon...Is all the CB 1.2 own plgns native now?

rgds

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn