Different User Registration Forms like APC

15 years 6 months ago #76112 by jptkts
Yes I am waiting for something like this too! I don't know if the subscription plug in will do this. It sounds like that is more for e commerce.

Basically I have different types of users on the site...Staff members, and students. They will have different profile fields (students don't have a state they represent for example).

There used to be an advanced profile controller but its gone now, as apparently the developer stopped working on it and people had problems.

Ive considered hacking the code, but afraid to do so because of upgrades to CB.

I suppose maybe another installation of Joomla could do the trick, but that kind of defeats the purpose of getting everything under one roof which was my goal. Counselors would need to have an account on both the Main page and the student page, hence creating potential sync issues, and its just a pain to login twice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76129 by Rapunzl

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #76136 by jptkts
Ok thanks for link.

It does say: It supports multiple user levels and integration with Joomla-ACL compliant 3PD ACL extensions, such as JACL.

Unfortunately I don't read about anything that relates to having different profile fields (IE 'whats your hobby') for different user groups (registered, admin, a custom one maybe). Maybe I was misunderstanding the point of the discussion here, but I was under the impression that APC(advanced profile control) while it was still around did exactly that with the fields.

15 years 4 weeks ago #92704 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re:Different User Registration Forms like APC
We need this as well (different fields for different user types) on a couple of sites that are in development. Is there any update on availability?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn