More user friendly request connection?

14 years 11 months ago #93404 by bjorn190
More user friendly request connection? was created by bjorn190
Hi, and thank you for this great component! :)

I am using it to build my site, and I feel the greatest challenge is making the site user friendly.

A user with developer skills or an engineer is able to use the menus without problems. However, most people need an easier and more user friendly interface.

I have got most things working ok, but I would like to make it easier for users to add connections to eachother. The menu requires at least 2 clicks for this, and on my site 3 clicks because I have it in a tab to show the profile content better.

I would like to be able to add a simple text link as a tab: request connection. This link would bring up the request connection window. Is this possible, and does such a solution exist? :)

I appreciate any help or ideas on this matter. It would greatly enhance my chances of succeeding with my site :cheer:

I know some PHP, enough to modify files. But not enough for this modification right now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #93410 by bjorn190
Replied by bjorn190 on topic Re:More user friendly request connection?
I have managed to solve the problem with some modification ;)

I chose to display the menu as a list, and hard coded the removal of the menu items that I didnt want.

Still, I think that being able to modify or remove items from the menu in the menu settings would be an improvement

14 years 11 months ago #94290 by ryantalexander
Replied by ryantalexander on topic Re:More user friendly request connection?
I myself am interested in this. I prefer not using the built in menu system but cannot find another way to add connections without it. Maybe you have an idea?

14 years 11 months ago #94291 by ryantalexander
Replied by ryantalexander on topic Re:More user friendly request connection?
I myself am interested in this. I prefer not using the built in menu system but cannot find another way to add connections without it. Maybe you have an idea?

14 years 11 months ago #94334 by bjorn190
Replied by bjorn190 on topic Re:More user friendly request connection?
Well, the big solution would be some way to hide/show each part of the menu (connections, email, private message, update profile, update picture).. :unsure:

My solution was modifying the code, to solve my current problem. :whistle:

Another way could be if there could be a CB addon that lets u take the functions from the menu, and place as buttons or something. But I dunno, it depends on design and taste. :side:

I guess what I would like to see in general is to allow built in customization of the menu according to unique site design and functionality. :)

14 years 11 months ago #94340 by nant
bjorn190 wrote:

Well, the big solution would be some way to hide/show each part of the menu (connections, email, private message, update profile, update picture).. :unsure:

My solution was modifying the code, to solve my current problem. :whistle:

Another way could be if there could be a CB addon that lets u take the functions from the menu, and place as buttons or something. But I dunno, it depends on design and taste. :side:

I guess what I would like to see in general is to allow built in customization of the menu according to unique site design and functionality. :)

Have you tried the CB Content module?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn