reporting against custom CB contact fields?

16 years 6 months ago #45365 by VivekB
Greetings. I'm coming up to speed on CB and setting it up for my new school site. I purchased the documentation subscription, scanned it, googled, checked out extensions.joomla.org, but there's one thing I still don't get: Reporting (and ideally extracting) against custom contacts fields.

For my non-profit school site (won't bother with URL as it's still in progress), I have 6 checkbox fields with where folks would be interested in volunteering. I got a stack of parent-filled out signup forms next to me with a list of names & interests, and I was going to populate the entire users area with 1 userid for each parent, and enter the data correctly.

But once entered, how would I extract that data so I could get a list of folks who have (checkbox1=true)?

The reason I want to do this in Joomla is that I want to publicly display these lists somehow on the site, and shame the folks who didn't check off anything into helping out :P , and drive them to updating their profile to check something off, so it's more than a 1time reporting need.

Thanks much for any assistance you can provide.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #45381 by nant
VivekB wrote:

Greetings. I'm coming up to speed on CB and setting it up for my new school site. I purchased the documentation subscription, scanned it, googled, checked out extensions.joomla.org, but there's one thing I still don't get: Reporting (and ideally extracting) against custom contacts fields.

scanned it ... :(

For my non-profit school site (won't bother with URL as it's still in progress), I have 6 checkbox fields with where folks would be interested in volunteering. I got a stack of parent-filled out signup forms next to me with a list of names & interests, and I was going to populate the entire users area with 1 userid for each parent, and enter the data correctly.

But once entered, how would I extract that data so I could get a list of folks who have (checkbox1=true)?

The reason I want to do this in Joomla is that I want to publicly display these lists somehow on the site, and shame the folks who didn't check off anything into helping out :P , and drive them to updating their profile to check something off, so it's more than a 1time reporting need.

Thanks much for any assistance you can provide.

You create various CB Userlists with filters off the various checkbox fields. See pages 102-109 in your doc.

16 years 6 months ago #45386 by VivekB
Excellent, thanks for helping so quickly, sorry about wasting your time as I really should have RTFM more closely.

16 years 6 months ago #45468 by nant
VivekB wrote:

Excellent, thanks for helping so quickly, sorry about wasting your time as I really should have RTFM more closely.

NP

thank you for your support!

16 years 4 months ago #51163 by kjw1969
I can create a CB list quite easily but how do I expose that list in Joomla? as a menu item or module?

16 years 4 months ago #51165 by nant
kjw1969 wrote:

I can create a CB list quite easily but how do I expose that list in Joomla? as a menu item or module?

Please read the readme file.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn