Why does CBcaptcha V2.0.1 work only in 2/4 forms?

16 years 2 months ago #56373 by aldo29
Hi Folks,

In CB 1.1 on Joomla 1.0.13, I've installed CBCaptcha plugin and the CBContacts 1.1.

I've enabled the following Captcha Placement Parameters in the Plugin....Include Captcha in:

Registration Process - [ works ]

New Password Request Process - [ works ]

CB Contact component: - [ fails ] no captcha image (tried also creating new contact form in CBcontact comp)

CB Login - [ fails ] no captcha image, pops up "Invalid Security Code" when entering a valid user & pwd, therefore captcha is enabled but no image shows.

From comparing the source code from working and non working forms, it seems to me scripts are not being run.

Scripts such as:
components/com_comprofiler/js/cb.js
components/com_comprofiler/js/overlib_mini.js
etc..and the rest(8 or so) so there is no image or submit function..

Whereto from here folks?

Any ideas? All help is appreciated muchly..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #56389 by nant
works just fine on my test sites.

have you set all parameters properly?

both in plugin and module
?

16 years 2 months ago #56581 by aldo29
Hi Nick, should there be a parameter available in the CB Login module and/or a Contact Item which relates to Captcha?

I noticed the tooltip in the plugin referring to "CB Plugins integration parameter" but no such parameter exists in CB Login module or in CB Configuration tab to set.

In the captcha plugin there is a field: "Login Form Security Input Field Title:" and the default parameter in here is "_UE_CAPTCHA_Enter_Label"...

In the Plugin there's also the field: "Include Captcha in CB Contact component:" and of course this is set to "Yes".

cheers
..al

16 years 2 weeks ago #60259 by WebTrooper
Hi Nick,

I was having the same problem as the other poster. What I found is that creating a Contact us menu item, it uses the Joomla core component instead of cbContact. I simply added cb to the url, changing...

/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=2&Itemid=28

to

/index.php?option=com_cbcontact&task=view&contact_id=2&Itemid=28

Then created a link item in the menu using the modified url. This seems to work well, but if cbContact were to replace the "Link - Contact Item" option when creating menu items, less dilligent users wouldn't have to figure this one out.

Thanks for all your good work, is really appreciated. ;)

Post edited by: WebTrooper, at: 2008/04/02 06:56

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn