Change password in profile edit missing

16 years 1 week ago #60616 by Word Warrior
Replied by Word Warrior on topic Re:Change password in profile edit missing
Okay, offending plug in deleted/uninstalled (privacy policy) Contact info tab is now free of privacy plug in link. Contact info is published and access to everybody. Still no sign of password and verify password fields on edit profile.

Where do we go from here?

I guess a complete uninstall and reinstall of CB might be a good idea after clearing the dodgy plug-in but I'll wait to see what you say before I do anything.

Regards
Andy

Post edited by: Word Warrior, at: 2008/04/09 08:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 days ago #60932 by Word Warrior
Word Warrior wrote:

.......Where do we go from here?

I guess a complete uninstall and reinstall of CB might be a good idea after clearing the dodgy plug-in but I'll wait to see what you say before I do anything....

What should I do? Do I uninstall and reinstall CB or not? My members can't change their passwords and I've suspended new registrations until this is resolved.:unsure:

Regards
Andy

16 years 4 days ago #60934 by beat
Is it just password / check password which is missing, or also username and name edits ?

I would check contact tab settings as well as core plugin first, also compare the SQL content of the corresponding entries, as they might have been touched by 3pd extensions.

If it doesn't cure, a reinstall could help, but will not fix the tables (in CB 1.1).

Upcoming CB 1.2 will have a built-in tool to automatically fix tables to a certain extent, but we still need to get through a beta 7 at least before starting releasing.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 4 days ago #60936 by Word Warrior
Password and username are missing (I hadn't noticed the latter worrying about the former) Proper names and addresses and just about all the other information I built in seems to be there.

Contact info tab looks like it's there but not too sure what setting are correct.

Just going to look at the mySQL with mySQLdumper to see if there is anything in there that needs deleting but not too happy about playing with that as my knowledge is limited.
Thanks for help, it's much needed. Can't wait for 1.2!!
Additional info:
mysql has these in if this is any help, could one (or more) be causing problem?

jos_cbmailing_permissions
jos_components
jos_comprofiler
jos_comprofiler_field_values
jos_comprofiler_fields
jos_comprofiler_lists
jos_comprofiler_members
jos_comprofiler_plugin
jos_comprofiler_tabs
jos_comprofiler_tabs_backup
jos_comprofiler_userreports
jos_comprofiler_views
jos_contact_details

Post edited by: Word Warrior, at: 2008/04/14 12:49

16 years 3 days ago #61016 by Word Warrior
Okay, took a bravery pill and uninstalled all part of the cb1.1 package com_comprofiler.zip
mod_cblogin.zip
mod_comprofilerModerator.zip
mod_comprofilerOnline.zip

I then reinstalled the same with Com_comprofiler.zip first followed by the three modules and hey presto! As Beat predicted, everything is the same, no improvement. Ah Well, back to the drawing board.

Clearly, the problem is with a screwed Mysql DB (within the CB part). Any ideas on what I can do? Clearly I don't want to delete the data because that would be tedious with 100 plus registered users. I'm guessing that the mysql dumper backup file will be corrupted too.

Noticed today that users can't choose an editor either in their profile. I guess that disappeared with the password info.

Hellllpppppp!!:sick:

16 years 3 days ago #61037 by Word Warrior
Sorry guys, I need my members to be able change their passwords and usernames at will. So have removed CB and reverted back to the Joomla login.

Not the best solution but at least that part works.

I'll keep looking back here for a solution and hopefully get CB back up and running on the site. There's nothing else out there to beat it so I will keep trying but as a temporary fix I've had to change. For now.

Hope you understand why.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn