Contacts Access Issue

16 years 5 days ago #60944 by satnam99
Contacts Access Issue was created by satnam99
Hi guys, just wondering if someone can help me out as i have spent a couple of hours trying to figure this out to no avail.

Basically in my contacts list, I have some contacts that I wish to be viewable to the general public and some I only want registered users to be able to view. However, when i set all this up and click on the Contact link from my menu (the built in one has been disabled by the way), i get the following message when not logged in:

You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login.

I can only seem to view the contacts at all when logged in which is not entirely what i want.

I changed the permissions for the contacts i want only viewable as a registered user to public and this allowed me to get on the contacts page but obviously i do not want to leave it like this.

Thanks in advance guys

Post edited by: satnam99, at: 2008/04/14 14:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 day ago #61207 by satnam99
Replied by satnam99 on topic Re:Contacts Access Issue
i have not been able to solve this since posting. any ideas?

15 years 8 months ago #71052 by dcassone
Replied by dcassone on topic Re:Contacts Access Issue
satnam99 wrote:

i have not been able to solve this since posting. any ideas?

same problem... would be nice to see that the issue is addressed.

15 years 8 months ago #71062 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Contacts Access Issue
It's addressed in the manual ;)

You could have a public-level list filtering the contacts you want to be publically listed, and another list for registered users.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #71274 by dcassone
Replied by dcassone on topic Re:Contacts Access Issue
beat wrote:

It's addressed in the manual ;)

Thanks for the input! B)

You could have a public-level list filtering the contacts you want to be publically listed, and another list for registered users.

I'm not sure I want to subscribe in order to download this manual just for this issue.

In consideration of your response, it appears your suggesting TWO menu items. One public, one registered. I don't want two menu links, I want one that doesn't show the public categories or contacts that are marked "registered". I've never run accross a component that doesn't follow this basic core functionality.

Perhaps I'm just not understanding this correctly.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn