Track Day Site

14 years 8 months ago #105238 by racinginstructor
Track Day Site was created by racinginstructor
I'm building a web site for a track day business I am a partner in.

In case you don't know - track days are days run at motor racing tracks where people can pay a fee for a day and take their own car on the track for a blast round.

The site I'm building needs to be a community site with:

• free membership to the site
  • a forum (Fireboard?)
  • a way of booking and paying for specific days

• The booking system needs to list all available dates and allow users to book and pay for the day they want to attend. Numbers of bookings will be limited to 30 places per day and the system needs to automatically stop accepting bookings when the limit for that day is reached. Each available place needs additional options during the booking process: additional drivers, passengers and helmet hire.

Can CBSubs handle this or is there a better solution?

This is important and needs to be up and running ASAP so I would appreciate if someone could give me a quick and accurate answer.

Thanks

Tim

PS - the site is at thetrackdayclub.com/ , currently using a temporary template - I'm also thinking of switching to the 'MyCommunity' template for this.

Post edited by: racinginstructor, at: 2009/07/17 13:27

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #105276 by krileon
    Replied by krileon on topic Re:Track Day Site
    Hmm, you would need to make a plan for each day and if every day of every month is able to be booked, well that's 365 plans!

So I would think of a way to compress the booking down. Perhaps use eventlist. Add the events for the days where booking is permitted. Limit the attendees of the event to 30. Then change the eventlist group of the user based on their subscription, which would allow them to attend said events. This is doable with CBSubs.

Additionally if you decide to do a different method, you may set how many subscriptions for a plan can be created and limit it to 30.

Kyle (Krileon)
    Community Builder Team Member
    Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
    CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
    --
    If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
    --
    If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
    --
    Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
    --
    My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
    Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn