Subscriptions status and public release

15 years 1 month ago #91294 by beat
I'm reading this thread very relaxed. Paid subs are nearing readiness for RC, and as usual, seeing all our previous releases, it's a hard time for all nerves, those who are still working hard to fix last bugs and roudings, and those waiting desperately for it.

Now as CB paid subscriptions is by very far the biggest CB plugin ever released (soon), and itself comes with numerous plugins, it's kind of normal that before release it also makes the biggest waves.

Yes, we are listening to our future users, yes we are listening to a sample of users which saw it and use it (our beta testers), and yes we will be releasing when the important ones of those feedbacks have been addressed and tested. Professionally.

Yes, software takes time to develop, test and debug, and re-test. Yes it's a frustrating work for the ones, and wait for the others. But that's how it goes.

See Joomla 1.5: over 2 years delay over projected 1.1 release. See any major software project: it's just damn hard to plan. Smaller projects are easier to plan.

CB Paid subs is not a small one. And as it treats user payments, it must run bugfree, in the users's best interest.

But it's coming. Soon now.

Subscribe to newsletter to be first to know.

As far as i'm concerned, back to development work on CB paid subs plugin, which is our next main release goal.

Many thanks to our forum moderator, Rapunzl, for the cleanup of inaprorpriate language escalation in last few posts. Temptatively unlocking thread.

EDITED from temporary warning post to the new content above.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/03/10 22:46

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #91668 by dado1
Replied by dado1 on topic Re:Subscriptions status and public release
any good news about it?

15 years 1 month ago #91700 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:Subscriptions status and public release
No. They said end of the month March. We will see if it is true or if they removed the date again.

15 years 1 month ago #91767 by jase@eem.tv
Replied by jase@eem.tv on topic Re:Subscriptions status and public release
I'm very happy I found this - that this plugin is coming. I was about to pull the trigger on a $2000 programming job to enable a site for paypal paid subscription levels. Eeek. It would probably be done by the time this plugin is ready but not be a fraction as good. I think I will wait for this plugin :) I'd be willing to pay a couple hundred up-front for it. I've subscribed to the newsletter so I really do hope it is by this month some time. I just want it to turn fields on/off and do paypal.

15 years 1 month ago #91771 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:Subscriptions status and public release
jase@eem.tv wrote:

I think I will wait for this plugin :)

Like we do since over 1 year now.

15 years 1 month ago #91774 by Aly
Yes, we have been waiting for over a year -- by our own choice! There are other options, but what appeals to me is that this is a CB plugin and so to me it is worth waiting for the best option.

Complaining about it doesn't make it come any faster ;) I am anxious, as is my client. But I know that the wait will have a worthwhile payoff in the end.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn