URL for Terms & Conditions: Suggestion

15 years 10 months ago #64059 by Terp
Being new to CB, I toggled the terms and conditions on and say a URL in the "URL to Terms and Conditions," so assumed there was a generic one installed with the suite.

It wasn't until I clicked on the terms on the registration page that I figured out I needed to add them myself, as it fired a:

500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: 18,html,contentView

Perhaps consider 1.) a generic terms and conditions in the language file that people could modify to fit their needs (and have it wired in the registration template) or 2.) ship CB with the URL field blank, then have a RegEx that fires when they try to save it with a blank URL field, telling people they need to enter a URL?

:)

I guess for Cb experts, this is second nature, so was just giving the newbie perspective. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64084 by bertm
Replied by bertm on topic Re:URL for Terms & Conditions: Suggestion
Just grab the MySpace Ts&Cs. Its short and sweet.
www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.terms

15 years 10 months ago #64085 by nant
@Terp:

I understand this perspective but I have a slitely different approach. I view the Terms and Conditions statement as a content item. And content items are already handled (very nicely) by the CMS. Adding a default language string is a valid point, but with a dynamic or static CMS content item you can do so much more. For example, you could format it and add images to the content item - this would be very difficult for a language string.

15 years 10 months ago #64156 by Terp
Thanks, Nant...good point. ;) And thanks to you, too, bertm. I have some terms and conditions from my old CMS I'll link to...just thought it was odd to have a broken URL inserted in there as a default. ;)

But I now argree that my idea of wiring the terms into the language file was stupid, given the more flexible content item display, as Nant pointed out. ;)

[edit] I was just picturing a highslide js window firing, rather than a whole new _blank window. ;)

Post edited by: Terp, at: 2008/06/01 15:41

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn