Error on profile save and registration.

15 years 10 months ago #64076 by georges
Fresh Joomla 1.5.3 Install
Fresh CB 1.2 Install

When I go to manually add a test user and click save I get an error through IE and Firefox. The error is a box that pops up in the middle of the page and is a yellow exclamation triangle graphic. There is no text information inside the box explaining the error. Just wanted to see if anyone has run into anything similar, it’s strange and I can’t figure it out.

Even when a user resisters through the front end the same error occurs but the user name and information goes into the database. Still unsure of the cause but I can’t help to think it’s something I’m missing.

Thanks in advance,

George

Post edited by: georges, at: 2008/06/01 09:14

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64079 by georges
Replied by georges on topic Re:Error on profile save and registration.
Ok i've managed to narrow it down to only when I create a new field. I can create a new tab with no problem but once the field is created the profile errors.

GS

15 years 10 months ago #64090 by nant
Please provide exact instructions on how to replicate.
Is it when new users are created? or new fields?
What error are you seeing?
Please post exact information.

15 years 10 months ago #64098 by beat
Also do:

CB -> tools -> check database

and post results here

then click repair if there is that link

and post results here again

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64102 by georges
k I get this error when I go into CB TOOLS CHECK:

There are 1 column(s) missing in the comprofiler table, which are defined as fields (rows in comprofiler_fields):

- Field cb_idnumber - Column cb_idnumber is missing from comprofiler table.

This one can be fixed by deleting and recreating the field(s) using components -> Community Builder -> Field Management.
Please additionally make sure that columns in comprofiler table are not also duplicated in users table.

Even if I delete the field and recreate it no matter what name I use it still errors.

15 years 10 months ago #64103 by georges
Sure…..

Fresh Install of:

Joomla 1.5.3
CB 1.2
PHP 4.x
SQL 5.0
Linux Based

After I install everything just like in the readme file I go ahead and add a new TAB calling it Professional ID. From there make sure it’s published and keep the default settings of it being in the tab format and main area etc…

The problem occurs when I go in and create a new field in CB, I go into create a field that is text area and make the CB database reference to cb_idnumber. Name the tab ID Number also and leave all the options defaulted except for the (display field title in Profile) I move that to say YES. After that when I go into user management and create a new user manually and enter the information required by the default installation. I click on save and immediately the previously describe event happens. The information is entered into the database but the error keeps occurring and I have to eventually cancel. But the newly created user is listed in user management tab. So I proceeded to test the registration/login module and when information is entered that is required from the default install of CB the same error event happens but the user shows up in user management tab. I can’t log into the account from the front end and as soon as I delete the new field tab that I created the profile works fine.

update: I just installed Joomla 1.0 and the same error occrus.... really weird.

Post edited by: georges, at: 2008/06/01 11:11
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn