Error on profile save and registration.

15 years 10 months ago #64398 by beat
If that's possible, I would like to have a look at a database (e.g. with phpMyadmin) and site joomla admin area of a site that has that problem... You can PM me for privacy reason ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64480 by georges
Replied by georges on topic Re:Error on profile save and registration.
When you upgrade to PHP5 did you just upgrade or did you reinstall everything. I deleted my database and joomla files and started all over again from scratch and didn't have the problem anymore.

Thanks for your help again beat.:)

15 years 10 months ago #64482 by beat
I could also just reproduce the problem on a php4 install but not on a php5 one....Now that bug could be reproduced, starting the debugging process.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64505 by georges
Replied by georges on topic Re:Error on profile save and registration.
YAY we caugh a bug for Beat to SQUISH..... :woohoo:

Thanks for all the hard work again guys, I can't express how awesome cb 1.2 is!!!!!!B)

15 years 10 months ago #64520 by beat
fungkur wrote:

upgraded to php5 but the error is still there :dry:

You need to edit and save the fields which have the missing columns once updated install to php 5...

then do CB -> tools -> check CB database

to see if there is nothing red.

Maybe you have to delete and recreate the fields, but i would say edit/save should be enough to make CB create the missing columns in comprofiler (using PHP 5 :whistle: ).

15 years 10 months ago #64526 by beat
I guess this bug is related to the fields not saving properly in PHP 4.

Of course CB database check has to run OK once you upgraded to PHP 5.

I will add that to

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,51/id,64497/#64497

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn