Name+email disappeared fm field-list

15 years 9 months ago #64114 by hrmkolpa
Name+email disappeared fm field-list was created by hrmkolpa
Thanks for this great product! And congratulations on the upgrade.
When installing from scratch on an 1.5 site no problems encountered.
Upgrading a 1.0.15 site resulted in missing name and email fields (and errors in the lists). Any idea what might have happened?
Rgds, René Kolpa
Rotterdam (NL)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #64128 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:Name+email disappeared fm field-list
Are you refering to them not showing up in a user list? If so you may need to go into the field manager and set them to display on profile and try editting the list to make sure they are in there.

-D

CB Testteam member

15 years 9 months ago #64159 by hrmkolpa
Replied by hrmkolpa on topic Re:Name+email disappeared fm field-list
More than that: they are not shown in the field-list at all. I suppose I should not add these fields manually.

15 years 9 months ago #64235 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Name+email disappeared fm field-list
As written in README (Read it really has lots of new things in it):

In expert upgrade, After files overwrite, but you can do this anytime (including after normal install):

You need to do tools -> check CB database -> fix/upgrade database.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #64339 by hrmkolpa
Replied by hrmkolpa on topic Re:Name+email disappeared fm field-list
Hello Beat,
Of course I have read the readme.. Before and after I have performed a 'normal upgrade'.
Also performed a check on CB database (in Tools). This did not result in a return of the name and email fields. I hope you have another suggestion.
Rgds, René

15 years 9 months ago #64356 by ctcreel
Replied by ctcreel on topic Re:Name+email disappeared fm field-list
I noticed this too. It would appear that the core fields are simply not showing up. I too ran the "Check Community Builder Database" tool and it found some problems and fixed them without any reported problems. However, the name field and email field still do not show up as options in the user list or in the field management tab. All of the custom fields that I added do show up.

I have upgraded three 1.5.3 sites, all of which exhibit this behavior. I also upgraded a 1.0.15 site and it is fine.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn