Portrait not visible, List fields unavailable

15 years 10 months ago #64418 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Portrait not visible, List fields unavailable
bertm wrote:

I think we are seeing the same problem with regard to the other fields (online/offline, member since, hits etc). These are the fields that would show up in the Member List front end, and in the drop down selectors for the Member List backend control page - but they suddenly disappear after the upgrade

Does anyone have this visible on a public dev site so the dev team can look at it?

Post edited by: bertm, at: 2008/06/03 08:47

Hi there,
i faced similar problems, and checked everything.
(DB tools, Fields, Tabs etc) nothing.

two days later the vanished (last time updated, Online/offline etc) appearing suddenly within the profiles.:ohmy:

Please check to clear all caches / try another PC / browser etc.

Maybee it is not a bug - its a feature;)

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64468 by bertm
Cleared caches and used a different browser. Same problem. KurtSteiner - were there any other changes you made to Joomla or CB that might have cleared this?

These are all of the fields that go missing:

name
formatted name
first name
middle name
last name
email
user name
online status
last online
thumbnail

Are not these the fields from the Load Sample Data function? I hit the Load Sample data button and it reports "Sample Data already loaded!"

On my local server, the installation is in a subfolder. Is that a common condition for people who are seeing this problem?

I did the whole process again and this time grabbed the SQL command results after the DB repair. It is attached. I am no good at interpreting it. Is there anything unusual here?

I also looked at the profile page HTML. The code to place the avatar is missing. It is not trying to link to an incorrect url to the image, rather the whole div or table is not there. So it looks like there is a condition in the PHP that is skipping the thumbnail display routine.

Attachment _CB12_expert_upgrade_DB_repair_script_results.txt not found

Attachments:

15 years 10 months ago #64473 by nant
Since its a local installation ...

Can you give more details about environment?

What database is it using?
What web server?
What php version?

If you try a clean install on the same environment is everything ok?

15 years 10 months ago #64475 by bertm
Joomla 1015

system is WAMPserver2
MySQL 5.0.51a
PHP 5.2.5
Apache 2.2.8

I will try a fresh build with CB1.2

15 years 10 months ago #64476 by beat
bertm wrote:

Cleared caches and used a different browser. Same problem. KurtSteiner - were there any other changes you made to Joomla or CB that might have cleared this?

These are all of the fields that go missing:

name
formatted name
first name
middle name
last name
email
user name
online status
last online
thumbnail

Are not these the fields from the Load Sample Data function? I hit the Load Sample data button and it reports "Sample Data already loaded!"

On my local server, the installation is in a subfolder. Is that a common condition for people who are seeing this problem?

I did the whole process again and this time grabbed the SQL command results after the DB repair. It is attached. I am no good at interpreting it. Is there anything unusual here?

I also looked at the profile page HTML. The code to place the avatar is missing. It is not trying to link to an incorrect url to the image, rather the whole div or table is not there. So it looks like there is a condition in the PHP that is skipping the thumbnail display routine.

Attachment _CB12_expert_upgrade_DB_repair_script_results.txt not found

I went quickly over it and queries seem normal for a CB upgrade, except for 2 things:

for those fields listed above, you in comprofiler_fields, you should have columns pluginid = 1 always and tabid=11 at begin (not NULL or 0). But that's seems not to be part of the upgrade quoted. So that's first to check.

If that doesn't solve it, could you please use a tool like phpMyAdmin, and just export the table jos_comprofiler_fields to SQL and attach here ?

Thanks for your soon reply, i want to squash that bug tonight... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64479 by bertm
according to Nant's requrest, I did a fresh build with J1015 + CB1.2 on Wamp2. Everything works EXCEPT in the list manager back end I get the following error message:

Following fields are in list but not visible in here for following reason(s):
Field "Username (username)" is not displayed on profile ! If you save list now, they will be removed from the list. If you want to keep them, cancel now and go to Components / CB / Field Manager.

In Column2 "Username" is entered in the TITLE field, but does not show up in the contents for that column.

The others are present (thumbnail, online status, member since, last online) and properly show up on the front end.

I will extract the table you requested next.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn