Email Checker and Postgrey...

15 years 10 months ago #64204 by blackice2999
Email Checker and Postgrey... was created by blackice2999
Hi @all, @beat,

it not a bug, but i think that the e-mail checker is at the moment useless because server´s who have installed "postgrey" for greylisting bring a negative response for the email, so that the e-mail checker says it is a invalid E-Mail Adress...

Greylisting:
E-Mails will be dont accepted with a "temporarly error" for "x" time, good e-mail servers will retry it after the time and the greylisting daemon add the email host to whitelist. The most Spam sender work with fire and forget method, so they try only one time to send the mail. Greylisting eliminated a lot spam mails on server.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64219 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Email Checker and Postgrey...
aren't we reporting the temporary error returned by greySpam specially as orange "can't confirm" ?

the email checker is a help method for the user registering to not mistype it, not a validation check :-)

So i guess it's still useful. We just need to make sure that temporary errors are shown in orange and not red "doesn't accept". ;-)

Can you please check ?

if it's red, please PM me such an email address with URL to this thread, so I can fix, thanks ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64220 by blackice2999
Replied by blackice2999 on topic Re:Email Checker and Postgrey...
Hi Beat,

no problem i will test them tomorow, with greylisting.

Greets from Germany
Dennis

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn