New CB Fields not created in #__comprofiler

15 years 9 months ago #64433 by Friik
Now that's a weird problem :blink: ...
I've installed CB 1.2 RC on my site (Joomla 1.5.3) - everything works fine, except creating new fields. I've tried a variety of field types (Text Field, Check Box Single, Drop Down Single-Select and Radio Buttons), but whenever I visit my profile no change to that field could be applied. Clicking on the update button results in an empty (?!) Javascript alert-box. After creating a field, the tools 'Check Core CB database' prints out an error message:

There are 1 column(s) missing in the comprofiler table, which are defined as fields (rows in comprofiler_fields):

- Field cb_testfield - Column cb_testfield is missing from comprofiler table.

This one can be fixed by deleting and recreating the field(s) using components -> Community Builder -> Field Management.
Please additionally make sure that columns in comprofiler table are not also duplicated in users table.

The proposed fix still doesn't work, on the contrary, it results in the same error. Creating the column in #__comprofiler manually kind of fixes the issue, but I honestly don't want to make use of phpMyAdmin everytime I want to add a new field :S ...

Maybe some info about my system:
PHP 4.4.8
MySQL 5.0.27
Webserver Apache

There is no server error like in the other thread, just an empty alert box (Which is kind of frustrating in a different way^^). Adding fields in CB 1.1 worked without any problems.

If you need any more info or maybe direct access, just ask^^.

And of course many thanks in advance ;).

Edit: Sorry, but there's another thread by me with the same issue - if you could please delete it, thanks :).

Post edited by: Friik, at: 2008/06/03 17:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #64436 by beat
I would wish I could reproduce, or at least have access to a site or site clone with same bug to reproduce that one.... guess i have to wait to have access to such a site.

Feel free to PM me URL, admin access, and if possible ftp and phpmyadmin, so i can debug.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #64438 by RichRawlings
Replied by RichRawlings on topic Re:New CB Fields not created in #__comprofiler
I'm getting the same error here, and I also got this javascript error while installing.

_cbAdaptNameFieldsPublished: db error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query SQL=UPDATE jos_comprofiler_fields SET `published` = 1 WHERE `name` = 'name'

Joomla 1.5.3
PHP : 4.3.11
MySQL : 5.0.45-log
Time : 08:37
Caching : Disabled
GZIP : Disabled

15 years 9 months ago #64444 by Friik
Alright beat, take a look at your inbox and please don't uninstall CB ;).

15 years 9 months ago #64484 by georges
Yeah I had the same problem but I upgraded to PHP5 and haven't had a problem since.

15 years 9 months ago #64498 by beat
Friik wrote:

Alright beat, take a look at your inbox and please don't uninstall CB ;).

Thanks Friik B)

Thanks to your account I could identify cause of the bug and reproduce locally on my PHP 4 test-install :)

This bug is now confirmed and documented here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,51/id,64497/#64497

We will now find a way to fix it...

In mean time our recommendation is to upgrade your site to PHP 5 if you can.

Sorry about that 2nd confirmed bug.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.878 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn