Captcha 2.0 not showing image

15 years 10 months ago #64542 by thoeri
Captcha 2.0 not showing image was created by thoeri
Hi

I installed Captcha 2.0 today. I used to run 1.0 which worked fine for me. But since I upgraded CB to 1.2 I thought I must upgrade Captcha too. But The new install does not show any security image for some reason. So, I had to install 1.0 again instead. Why wouldn't it work. does anyone else have this issue?

regards,
Thoeri

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64543 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Captcha 2.0 not showing image
thoeri wrote:

Hi

I installed Captcha 2.0 today. I used to run 1.0 which worked fine for me. But since I upgraded CB to 1.2 I thought I must upgrade Captcha too. But The new install does not show any security image for some reason. So, I had to install 1.0 again instead. Why wouldn't it work. does anyone else have this issue?

regards,
Thoeri

The latest Captcha for CB 1.2 is Captcha 2.2 and its announced here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,64465/catid,53/

Is this what you are using?
What Joomla installation?
Can you see image in plugin parameter backend?

15 years 10 months ago #64550 by thoeri
Replied by thoeri on topic Re:Captcha 2.0 not showing image
Hi Nant

I used plug_cbcaptcha_2.0.1. I think that was the latest version when downloading it at the same time 1.2 was released to doc subscribers. I have a Joomla 1.0.15 installation and I could not see the image on the parameter backend either.

Cheers,
Thoeri

15 years 10 months ago #64707 by Terp
Replied by Terp on topic Re:Captcha 2.0 not showing image
I am using 2.2 now and have the same issue.

At the very top to the right-hand column with the settings, just above the version number, I see:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of array_unshift(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in C:\wamp\www\CB\administrator\components\com_comprofiler\library\cb\cb.session.php on line 41

And further done in the settings, I see the broken CAPTCHA image next to the little speaker icon ("image with security code embedded in it").

PS...read Nant's response, so will tell you my setup:

Joomla 1.5.3
PHP 5.2.5
localhost install on XP w/ WAMP

PSS...is that Beat doing the phonetic alphabet? Very nice. :) I haven't hear people use it since my military days...:)

Post edited by: Terp, at: 2008/06/05 00:24

15 years 10 months ago #64714 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Captcha 2.0 not showing image
For this bug, please read my reply there for fix:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,64465/catid,53/

(no, this is not my military voice :) but Nick looked around a long way to find a good alphabet recording of well-selected words, which are understandable in many languages B) )

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64717 by Terp
Replied by Terp on topic Re:Captcha 2.0 not showing image
Perfect; thanks, sir. I removed the "&" and now good to go.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn