Weird text showing

15 years 10 months ago #64549 by thoeri
Weird text showing was created by thoeri
Hi

After upgrading from CB 1.1 to 1.2 on a Joomla 1.0.15 site there is a text showing at the top of my first tab: "No published articles" (roughly translated from my own swedish file, cannot remember the exact words from before tranlating the file). How do I get rid of it?

Bets regards,
Thoeri

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64562 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Weird text showing
thoeri wrote:

Hi

After upgrading from CB 1.1 to 1.2 on a Joomla 1.0.15 site there is a text showing at the top of my first tab: "No published articles" (roughly translated from my own swedish file, cannot remember the exact words from before tranlating the file). How do I get rid of it?

Bets regards,
Thoeri

please share a capture

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

15 years 10 months ago #64563 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:Weird text showing
Sounds like you have the Articles tab published. Go to your admin backend - CB - Tab Management and see what tabs are published and unpublish Articles if it is.

-D

CB Testteam member

15 years 10 months ago #64610 by thoeri
Replied by thoeri on topic Re:Weird text showing
Hi

I solved it. After upgrading my fileds and tabs were a mess. Somehow a tab called info (was a custom tab with information as age, sex, city, interest, occupation etc) suddenly got to be from the type "Joomla Content author".

I created a new custom tab called info as well and then I moved all the fields from the first Info tab to the new info tab and then unpubplished the first one of the Joomla Centent Authour type.

I have no idea how this happened but as I said, all my field and tabs where a mess after upgrading.

Thank for your help. You got me on the right track!

/Thoeri

15 years 10 months ago #64663 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Weird text showing
ok, cool.

However i would be interested how that happened to avoid that this kind of stuff reappears in next release.

Do you now have 2 tabs of type "Joomla Content author" ?

What's the tabid mysql field of those tabs ?

Looks at very first glance that a database upgrade from a previous release didn't go through well, but want to understand how that happened.

Also which CB version did you install first on that site and which versions upgrades did you go trhough (if you can remember of course ;) ) ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64671 by thoeri
Replied by thoeri on topic Re:Weird text showing
Hi Beat

Yes I got two tabs of the Joomla content author and one has the original name and the other has the name and fields of one of my normal custom tabs. That´s the one that was published and making me confused why tjis text were on top.

And the same thing happended to all my core tabs. There were double but the duplicate had the name and field of other tabs. Really weird and very confusing.

This is therefor related to another thread I started which you also anwered in. Have look at it since I added a lot of new information and the report from upgrading the database and the sql for tabs and fields. See here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,64547/catid,50/

The table id of the joomla content author tabs are 3 and 11. I used CB since one of the first version. I installed it in the autumn of 2005. I upgraded every time there were a new version released. I do not think I skipped any version. Sometimes I did a normal install but most of the times a expert install. So, I did this time.

Hope you can nail this issue.

bets regards,
Thoeri

PS. Thanks for several years with a fantastic product and for all the hard work of all the team members at Joomlapolis.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn