Can't Edit User Info from Admin

15 years 10 months ago #64923 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Can't Edit User Info from Admin
tarzan,

Ok, thanks for your PM.

The 2 problems were due to 4 bugs:

- 1 bug in the profileGallery you had installed (there was a typo in source code 'pglasupdate' instead of 'pglastupdate' (missing 't', I checked in last dev version, that typo isn't in there).

- your name field in the jos_users table was TEXT type instead of varchar, no real idea how that came in there, but I found an old Joomla 1.5 beta 1 install here which had that too, so I guess you started very early with Joomla 1.5 ?

Those 2 were not CB ones

- I found the bug of the blank field (why it was blank instead of giving the database error) (the error was due to the profileGallery error up there).

- I also found one small bug affecting fortunately only that it tags errors in database check: creating delimiter fields was not completely correctly filling-in comprofiler_fields.tablecolumns (it was filled with name instead of empty).

Those 2 are minor and have now been fixed.

You can now edit users and edit predefined fields on your site ;)

Thanks for having given access, it helped a lot. You can now remove my access :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64924 by tarzan
Replied by tarzan on topic Re:Can't Edit User Info from Admin
Hi Beat,

You are a saint! Thank you so much for resolving the problems.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn