PHPBB3

15 years 9 months ago #64801 by Gadensgaard
PHPBB3 was created by Gadensgaard
Will CB 1.2 function well (profile integration and so on) with RokBridge or is CB Connector needed for it to work well?

And when will CB Connector be released for CB 1.2 and 1.5 Native?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #64846 by Friik
Replied by Friik on topic Re:PHPBB3
I use CB1.2RC and phpBB using RokBridge in Joomla 1.5.3 on my site, because I haven't heard of CBConnector when the site launched and when I tried it out it failed to install. This might have been my fault, but I'm quite content with the status quo - never change a running system :laugh:. Account-syncing works with RokBridge, if you log in using CB Login module you're automatically logged in to phpBB3 and vice versa. What RokBridge does NOT do and probably will never do is profile management. However, I've applied some hacks to (I think it were two files, viewtopic.php and functions_display.php) phpBB3 to achieve the following:
- get Avatar image from the field in CB database
- get ICQ,AIM,MSN,Yahoo,Jabber and Homepage from the CB database
- get birthday (for age) and city from CB database
I've also integrated a friendcode-database for Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS online-games, but I guess that's not what you're looking for :laugh: ^^.
If you're interested in my hacks I can post them here or via PM. But keep in mind that a hack might not work exactly the same way in future versions and certainly needs to be re-applied if you decide to update your forum software! phpBB3 works with CB using RokBridge, but it doesn't sync the profiles, so there's a bit of handwork needed. When CB Connector becomes 1.5 native and 1.2 compatible (or is it already?) you should ask the guys there ;). From what I remember they're not planning to release CBConnector as 1.5 native software in the near future...

Post edited by: Friik, at: 2008/06/06 01:44

15 years 9 months ago #64850 by Terp
Replied by Terp on topic Re:PHPBB3
Let's have a link to look at that bad mamma jamma setup. :)

I am considering going the same route, once the bridge releases stable...and hoping some extensions are developed to tie the posts into the CB forum tab, etc. ;)

15 years 9 months ago #64894 by Friik
Replied by Friik on topic Re:PHPBB3
Terp wrote:

Let's have a link to look at that bad mamma jamma setup. :)

I am considering going the same route, once the bridge releases stable...and hoping some extensions are developed to tie the posts into the CB forum tab, etc. ;)

www.n-mag.de
The forum is here: www.n-mag.de/portal/forum
Or in a Joomla wrapper: www.n-mag.de/portal/board (Btw, I'm especially proud about the latest posts module on the frontpage linking to the wrapper, that took me some time^^).
It's a German site, so you might have some problems to understand everything I guess. However, "Profil" means "profile" and "Login" still means "Login"^^. If you take a look at e.g my profile there: www.n-mag.de/profil/userprofile/Andreas
you can see that there is a tab with the user's latest posts ;). That was my first approach at a CB plugin and it's not final, but working nice anyway^^.

Post edited by: Friik, at: 2008/06/06 20:21

15 years 9 months ago #64896 by Terp
Friik wrote:

It's a German site, so you might have some problems to understand everything I guess. [/quote]

Meine Frau ist auch Deutsch. :) Ich besuche es jetzt.

15 years 9 months ago #64900 by Terp
Sehr gut! :)

I see the bridge works perfectly; only think that is strange, but netter than nothing, is clicking on the linked name in the forums pulled up the site in the wrapper again, so had the right-side navigation menu side-by-side. Too bad there wasn't a way around this! :)

The forum tab and links on the homepage working for phpbb3 were, wie sagt mann, Ausgezeichnet! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds