Blank Pages - Image Upload

15 years 10 months ago #64811 by DizzyWombat
Blank Pages - Image Upload was created by DizzyWombat
My friend and I have been working on a site called Dokuga.com. There is a very odd bug that occurs when uploading fics.

The Problem:
Certain JPEGs cause the image upload to fail. The user's image does not change, and after clicking 'upload,' the user is redirected to a blank page. This problem never occurs with some pics and always occurs with others.

I don't understand why this results in a failure. One image originally uploaded under the previous version of CB, but causes this pecular blank page in 1.2. Even stranger, opening and exporting it from another program allows the image to be uploaded without issue.

To diagnose the issue, I have attempted to add said image from four different browsers, all returning the exact same error. Even with error reporting set to 'maximum,' there is no error message in Joomla or in the server log.

Lunarpages, our webhost, attempted to find out if this was a server error, but they couldn't dig any more information up than to say it's a script error. They did confirm that it's not a memory issue, but I've increased the PHP memory to 32MB anyway with no change to the problem.

My first thought was that this may be a bug of some sort in GD2, and I still think that it's likely to blame, but it's impossible to test because CB refuses to recognize ImageMagick. I found 3-4 really long threads about people having issues with that, and even after following all the steps, CB won't recognize ImageMagick.

System Info:
Database Version: 5.0.45-community
PHP Version: 4.4.8
Web Server: Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) Sun-ONE-ASP/4.0.2 mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.30 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

Joomla Info:
Joomla! Register Globals Emulation: OFF
Register Globals: OFF
Magic Quotes: ON
Safe Mode: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Session auto start: OFF
Session save path: /tmp
Short Open Tags: ON
Output Buffering: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: ON
XML enabled: Yes
Zlib enabled: Yes
Disabled Functions: none

CB Image Settings:
Image Software: GD2
Image: Yes
Allow Image Upload: Yes
Always Resample Avatar Uploads: No
Use Image Gallery: Yes
Max. Image Height: 500
Max. Image Width: 200
Max. Image Filesize in Kilobyte: 2000
Max. Thumbnail Height: 101
Max. Thumbnail Width: 101

I'm not really sure what the problem is, but being able to eliminate GD2 would greatly help. I've used all of the paths to ImageMagick provided by Lunarpages, and CB recognizes none of them. I also tried 2-3 edits on the image toolbox file, but nothing seems to be working.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64834 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Blank Pages - Image Upload
DizzyWombat,

Could you reproduce it with same images on another server ?

If so: Please check your PM inbox :) : If you could email me 1-2 of those files, it could help me reproduce it and fix if something needs fix.

What is *the* correct path to imageMagic "convert" program on LunarPages ?

Maybe we can add it to the lists of paths to check too (if it's not in there) ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64849 by DizzyWombat
Replied by DizzyWombat on topic Re:Blank Pages - Image Upload
According to Lunarpages tech support, these are the paths to Imagemagick:

Binary: /usr/local/bin/
Convert: /usr/local/bin/convert

I can confirm that "/usr/local/bin/" works for connecting to the binary. I was able to connect to that path using gallery2, but trying to access the convert through CB has been a bust.

It's been awhile, but I'm fairly sure these are the same paths used by Siteground hosting as well.

I don't have another 1.2 installation anywhere, but the problem doesn't occur in 1.1.

I sent you an email, by the way. :)

Thank you so much for your help!

15 years 10 months ago #64934 by beat
Got the email with the jpeg picture, thanks.

I could upload the image without problems in CB 1.2 RC using both GD2 and ImageMagic.

Here the versions auto-detected by CB:

ImageMagick Auto-detected ImageMagick 6.1.7
NetPBM Not installed
GD1 library Not installed
GD2 library Auto-detected, bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

on my test-installation.

The path is standard and already included in the CB discovery path.

Just by curiosity: do you have possibility to switch to php 5 and test again, maybe it's another php 4 bug ?

(PHP 4 support ends on 08.08.08 at 08:08 GMT. Except the time, it's not a joke, see www.php.net last year announcement...)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64935 by beat
Oh, fergot to ask:

Could you please turn site debug on for a minute to upload the image ?, maybe an error will appear instead of the blank page ?

15 years 10 months ago #64950 by DizzyWombat
Replied by DizzyWombat on topic Re:Blank Pages - Image Upload
Okay, I enabled the debug feature, and got nothing on the blank page. The only output I saw on CB was this:

[code:1]Notice: Unknown column 'cb_pb_enable' in 'field list' in /home/dizzy6/public_html/includes/database.php on line 307

/home/dizzy6/public_html/includes/database.php:498
/home/dizzy6/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/cb.profilebook.php:170
/home/dizzy6/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/cb.profilebook.php:203
/home/dizzy6/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php:470
/home/dizzy6/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php:3806
/home/dizzy6/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php:3166
/home/dizzy6/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php:379
/home/dizzy6/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:634
/home/dizzy6/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:288
/home/dizzy6/public_html/index.php:235 [/code:1]

I didn't want to leave debug on because there are a hundred or so people on the site and the error messages are a tad bit unsightly.

Lunarpages has been contacted about PHP5. There's an option in their Cpanel to turn it on and off, but that apparently doesn't work at all.

I can confirm now that on my Siteground hosting account, which has PHP5, this doesn't occur.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn