What is the upgrade path going to look like?

15 years 10 months ago #64914 by ed_hume@hotmail.com
What is the upgrade path going to look like? was created by ed_hume@hotmail.com
I'm currently running Joomla 1.5 in 1.0 compatibility mode. And CB 1.1 with a handful of various plugins.

I'm curious how upgrading to CB 1.2 will work. (ideally, just install it, and unpublish 1.1 and presto, all 500 users are suddenly in CB 1.2 !!)

Is this a "supported" path?
Can I just use CBjuice to handle the migration? Has this been tested?

If so, I may just be a cowboy and install CB1.2 RC w00t!

Thanks, I sure do like CB! 1.2 has a few features I really need for my site.

-Ed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64915 by DizzyWombat
Replied by DizzyWombat on topic Re:What is the upgrade path going to look like?
I think all you have to do is save the user plugin folder, uninstall the component and modules, and then install 1.2 and its modules, and reupload your plugin files.

Post edited by: DizzyWombat, at: 2008/06/06 23:12

15 years 10 months ago #64942 by Friik
You should backup your config-file ue_config.php, and to be absolutely on the safe side, make a dump of your old CB-tables using e.g. phpMyAdmin! There is, I think, no point in saving the plugin folder, because you have to reinstall the plugins that don't come packaged with CB anyway, and parameters won't be deleted (And if anything goes wrong, you still have your backup). Then just uninstall CB 1.1, install the new one, replace your config-file and take care of the modules (Login, Who's online and workflows) as there are new versions in 1.2RC, re-install your plugins and save your configuration. You won't have to be capable of magic to keep your users^^.

Anyway, I'm sure there'll also be a detailed readme like in RC, so don't worry about that^^.

Post edited by: Friik, at: 2008/06/07 02:17

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn