Installer Error

15 years 10 months ago #64980 by pfrank
Installer Error was created by pfrank
Hello,

I'm working on the latest XAMPP server for windows and a clean install of Joomla 1.5.3. However, while installing CB 1.2 I continu to get the next error:

Unable to create directory 'D:/xampp/htdocs/media/install_484a81057a122/language/'Unable to create path for D:/xampp/htdocs/media/install_484a81057a122/language/ Installer - Error
Uncompressing D:\xampp\htdocs/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/pluginsfiles.tgz failed.
[ Continue ... ]

After this the installer asks me to complete the second step and I'm back to the error.

Can someone help me? :(

Post edited by: pfrank, at: 2008/06/07 14:45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65011 by pfrank
Replied by pfrank on topic Re:Installer Error
:) :woohoo:
Problem solved: php safe mode Off

15 years 10 months ago #65057 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installer Error
Cool. Yup, thanks for replying with solution for others B)

SafeMode ON requires FTP ON and Joomla 1.5 + CB 1.2 RC to be able to install. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #66077 by sitsinthestands
Replied by sitsinthestands on topic Re:Installer Error
I am getting exactly this problem also with a fresh install of the com_cprofiler component for 1.2 RC on Joomla 1.5.3 I do the install from an unzipped file in a directory on my server.

Is this solution suggesting that safe mode should be off since the installation instructions indicate that safe mode need only be on for Joomla 1.0.x

Is there any manual workaround for this since most things seem to be in place. Is this problem to do with the unzipping of the pluginsfiles.tgz which contains a tar file?

I'm well stuck at the moment.

15 years 8 months ago #70562 by PeterMixt
Replied by PeterMixt on topic Re:Installer Error
Exactly -- safe mode off... I like to think that after 10 plus years of this and building servers and being part of the CB test team FOREVER, I would not miss this, but it just happened to me.

OK - so you have adjusted the php.ini file safe_mode = Off. You look at the install 1.5 and it still says you have safe mode On. WHAT?

Many servers use a Plesk or similar interface to manage the box. If you have one of these check in your domains.com set-up for the site you are working on and look for the activate php check box. There is often another checkbox to the right of this to turn safe mode on/off in the Plesk interface.

Make sure it is safe mode off. :blush: Yes that is a blush -- if it can happen to me... PeterMixt

PeterMixt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn