Installation Errors??

15 years 9 months ago #65131 by ozwest
Installation Errors?? was created by ozwest
First of all, congratulations to the new CB1.2. It feels much lighter and is faster!

I have successfully installed (started right from scratch) the new CB1.2 and was going on installing the new downloaded

autowelcome
captcha

plugin via CB plugin install.

Both of them failed with the following message:

XML Parsing Error at 1:0. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)XML Parsing Error at 1:0. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)
Upload showPlugins - Failed
File /usr/local/pem/vhosts/142392/webspace/httpdocs/media/install_484c8a44d69c6/cb.captcha.php does not exist!
[ Continue ... ]

Would someone be able to shed some light on this for me?

Thank you

Petra

Petra

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #65150 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Installation Errors??
ozwest wrote:

First of all, congratulations to the new CB1.2. It feels much lighter and is faster!

I have successfully installed (started right from scratch) the new CB1.2 and was going on installing the new downloaded

autowelcome
captcha

plugin via CB plugin install.

Both of them failed with the following message:

XML Parsing Error at 1:0. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)XML Parsing Error at 1:0. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)
Upload showPlugins - Failed
File /usr/local/pem/vhosts/142392/webspace/httpdocs/media/install_484c8a44d69c6/cb.captcha.php does not exist!
[ Continue ... ]

Would someone be able to shed some light on this for me?

Thank you

Petra

Hello Petra,

wellcome to joomlapolis :-)

1.) can you install other plugs?
for example www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,64816/catid,54/

2.) if not, goto backend, comprofiler, tools
perform both DB checks

3.) if yes, something with your zip files for captcha and autowelcome seems to be wrong.

think we will get this working ;-)

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

15 years 9 months ago #65171 by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic Re:Installation Errors??
Hello Kurt

Thank you for your help.

I did exactly what you suggested - installation of the zip file you pointed out failed

Then I checked both databases and they are performing ok.

I am not sure but after 20 years of Windows world, I decided a couple of weeks ago to switch to Mac.

Now when I download something that has a zip ending, it is automatically unzipped and put into a folder which is named accordingly to the zip file.

I asked the Mac people and they told me how to compress the file again, so I have a zip file again.

I am not sure if that could cause the problem. I had a feeling that could be the case and had a look into the zip file but the XML file is there even though some installations would say that the XML file is missing.

It would be great if I could get CB to work and your help is really appreciated.

Best regards,

Petra

Petra

15 years 9 months ago #65174 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation Errors??
In Safari preferences, there is a setting to not unpack automatically compressed files. I recommend turning that off anyway for security reasons (turn Java also off (but keep JavaScript on) while at securing things) ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #65175 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation Errors??
And yes, once you switched that off, re-download the original zip file, some zip programs add an extra-folder around the files, and that may break the joomla/mambo installers...

(btw congrats for your switch to mac ;) )

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #65177 by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic Re:Installation Errors??
Hi Beat

Done it ......... wow, autowelcome and captcha installed.

I enabled them but now I get a SESSION WRITE ERROR (and a blank page) when I wanted to test the website by clicking on REGISTER to create a new user.

I love this Mac, all the PC's are gone out of my life, I guess I will encounter some more challenges with the Mac but so far all worth the while.

Thank you Beat

Petra

Petra

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn