Installation Errors??

15 years 9 months ago #65181 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation Errors??
check my reply in the captcha for CB 1.2 RC announcement thread where you downloaded it for first fix.

there is another issue on php4 for this. Check your hostaccount's settings in joomla's help or system / system info menu.

move to php5 anyway, it will help for other known issues of CB 1.2 RC, we still need some days to fix all knonwn issues.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #65184 by ozwest
Replied by ozwest on topic Re:Installation Errors??
Hello Beat

I have amended the file as you suggested in your post.

No luck unfortunately.

I checked the system info and PHP Version 4.4.7

I asked my web hosting company before to upgrade to PHP5. They said they did but all I see is SUPPORT for PHP5.

I don't is this good enough?

Thanks very much

Petra

Petra

15 years 9 months ago #65186 by ozwest
I thought I will be smart and unpublish the captcha plugin for the time being.

When I came to it, there was a big lock and when opening the plugin, I only see parts of it and also that error message again:

Session write error

Unfortunately, the button to save changes (unpublish) is not there, I need to use back button to return into the CB plugins list.

Just thought I let you know.

Petra

Petra

15 years 9 months ago #65195 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation Errors??

I believe that bug is PHP4 related too. That one is fixed in the mean time for next RC release.

(you can also unpublish the plugin through plugins-list)

Btw: hoster setting: PHP5+PHP4 support is not good enough, if you didn't switch the account to PHP 5....you also need to add a setting in your host account to use PHP5 as PHP4 is still default setting of your hoster...Your hoster should tell you how to make your website run on PHP5 instead of PHP4.... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #65203 by ozwest
:woohoo: I am having a very lucky day - thanks to you Beat and the live assistance of my webhost who made me do some entries into the .htaccess file and

voila

we are running on PHP 5.2.5

AND CAPTCHA IS WORKING!!!!!
:woohoo:

Thank you Beat

Petra

Petra

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn