Registration error

15 years 9 months ago #66511 by shommez
Registration error was created by shommez
I'm using Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2
this morning I confired CB on my website, and the registration worked fine, but suddenly when I'm trying to register a user, from the moment I click on the Register button, I'm getting an Microsoft Internet Explorer error popup with nothing in. When I click "OK", I'm getting back on the registration page. (no emails are send to me to confirm my registration) I just have to refill the paswords, and when I click on the register button, I'm getting the message "You are already registered with this username and password". (and then I'm getting an email to confirm my registration with a wrong link "www.chagall.be/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode= ", no confirmcode =

any ideas? I already reinstalled CB 1.2 but still the same error.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #66648 by kbdwizard
Replied by kbdwizard on topic Re:Registration error
I'm having exactly the same problem. I thought I was ready to go live, but obviously not. If anyone knows how to get around this issue, that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Dave

15 years 9 months ago #66655 by kbdwizard
Replied by kbdwizard on topic Re:Registration error
OK, after more experimentation I've found out what's causing it. I went to check the database from the CB tools option, and found that all my custom fields were causing issues. The message said that there were 5 columns missing in the comprofiler table and that I should delete and recreate them.

Everything works when I delete them, but as soon as I recreate them, the problem reoccurs.

Obviously more investigation needed on my part, but at least I can get things working for the moment at least.

15 years 8 months ago #66892 by AGlossop
Replied by AGlossop on topic Re:Registration error
Same problem here. Delete the new field, all OK. Add a new filed, same problem returns.

I'm running J 1.5.3 + CB 1.2 RC. PHP 4.4.5, MySQL 4.1.21, Apache 1.3.37. Clean install. The only other addition is DOCman 1.4 RC3.

When I create the field there isn't any error shown, so I don't know how to debug this further. Hopefully as a few others have the same problem, it's not too difficult for it to be tracked down.

Post edited by: AGlossop, at: 2008/06/30 20:31

15 years 8 months ago #66898 by AGlossop
Replied by AGlossop on topic Re:Registration error
this bug has been resolved in RC2

Post edited by: AGlossop, at: 2008/07/01 09:08

15 years 7 months ago #70762 by kdeelstra
Replied by kdeelstra on topic Re:Registration error
I get the same problem still here no code after index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=

I yust installed it yesterday:
    RC2
    joomla 1.5.3

So its not resolved in RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn