Website field modification

15 years 8 months ago #69595 by bestiabugblatta
Website field modification was created by bestiabugblatta
Hi there,

on the Website Field there is the option to write only the Address or both the Address and the Site Name. In this way, the Site Name became a link to the Site Address.

My need is to have the Site Name to be always the same value (e.g. "Linkedin Profile"), that the user cannot modify. In other words, I would like that it appears always as follow:

Web site: Linkedin Profile

on the users profile page. The user can add the address to its Linkedin Profile but cannot modify the label "Linkedin Profile".

Hope it is clear.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Bruno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #69634 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Website field modification
Joomla 1.5 provides some flexibility in page titles. Joomla 1.0 doesn't. Check joomla.org forum for this ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #69701 by bestiabugblatta
Replied by bestiabugblatta on topic Re:Website field modification
No, I wasnt clear enough. In CB, among the Contact Info, there is the field Website. The user can so write in his profile the link to his website.

There is the possibility to show only the Url or a titled link (e.g. "click here")

My need is to let the user to write the link to his website, but the titled link to appear on his profile must be fixed. I mean, if the link is something like www.joomlapolis.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=38&func=post&do=reply&replyto=69595&catid=50 (too long) I want that on the user profile appears something like "click here" as a link.

Hope better clear now :P

15 years 8 months ago #69757 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Website field modification
bestiabugblatta wrote:

No, I wasnt clear enough. In CB, among the Contact Info, there is the field Website. The user can so write in his profile the link to his website.

There is the possibility to show only the Url or a titled link (e.g. "click here")

My need is to let the user to write the link to his website, but the titled link to appear on his profile must be fixed. I mean, if the link is something like www.joomlapolis.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=38&func=post&do=reply&replyto=69595&catid=50 (too long) I want that on the user profile appears something like "click here" as a link.

Hope better clear now :P

AH! understood it now. Nice feature-request indeed.

Well, you would need to change the code in cb.core.php for the weblinks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #69780 by bestiabugblatta
Replied by bestiabugblatta on topic Re:Website field modification
Thanks, but I don't know how. Can you please help me?

Cheers
Bruno

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn