Referral Systems

15 years 6 months ago #77652 by Telar
Referral Systems was created by Telar
I googled and can´t find the propper answer. I now have 3 new websites 2 with CB and its really hard work to get them going (aspecialy if you never have done this before :P ) Now i would like to create a referral system (lets say the one who referrs the most new members to my site till the end of December receives from me an x-ammount on whatever) can anyone tell me how I go about it, that each of my new members can get a special referral link from me so I can track of who the referrals come. Or is there a CB plugin for a thing like this) when I google for something like this i only find sites who want to give me a referal link. I like to start an incentive so people will willingly refer people to my sites. I have no Idea about programming, so please go to hard on me with loads of techstuff :P
I hope you can help me or point me to where I can get help
kind regards
Martin
PS: I hope you understand my english

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77728 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Referral Systems
Try looking in the Joomla Extensions Text and Link Exchange Category.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #77737 by Telar
Replied by Telar on topic Re:Referral Systems
Well thats not what I mean, I wont to give user links, wich they can send out per mail or put them on there websites.

When somebody comes over there links to my website and registers, the new user is countet for on that referral link, so I can see wich user refers most. for example my referid id got when i joint a site ( you can deleted after you red it)
is www.project-meditation.org/?referrerid=3749

when somebody klicks on that link and joins that site the owner can track wich of his usesers (in that case me) has send the new user to his site.

And if possible I like it that every user automaticly gets an referid, when he joins my site.

anyhow thanks for that link you provided, but I checked there allready if I find a component or plugin like I mean :P

Post edited by: Telar, at: 2008/10/19 03:11

15 years 6 months ago #77744 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Referral Systems
Maybe an Affiliate thingy?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 5 months ago #77762 by Telar
close , but I´m not selling anything I want to make sort of a competition Users which refered the most people to my forum / community will win by the end of the competition a prize.

every registered user gets his own referal ID automaticly after registration aka www.loosenyourmind.com/?referrerid=1 nextone www.loosenyourmind.com/?referrerid=2 and so on. all these links should lead to my site even they have a different ID. The new user has than the possibillity to use his referrerid to invite his friends with that link. If somebody comes with the link referrerid=1 to my site and registers user one gets the point, but the new registered person get another referID. So I can keep track wich user refers how many people to my site and in two or three month time i don´t need to count them manuell, who referred who and how many so i can give the winners prize to the one who refered the most people to my site.
(argh, thats difficult to explain in a diffrent language :P )

Post edited by: Telar, at: 2008/10/19 15:35

15 years 5 months ago #77763 by Telar
wow, im a bit surprised, the two example links I put in do actually lead two my site

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn