Installation problem

15 years 9 months ago #66997 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Installation problem
nant, I realize you are busy, but if you are going to take the time to reply or make a post, can you please be more helpful? beat's replies are a good example of being helpful.

I cannot use this, obviously (so, I need the right code to use for a fresh install, where all files are presently in place):

UPDATE jos_comprofiler_fields SET `table`='#__users' WHERE name='email';
UPDATE jos_comprofiler_fields SET `table`='#__users' WHERE name='lastvisitDate';
UPDATE jos_comprofiler_fields SET `table`='#__users' WHERE name='registerDate';
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler ADD `registeripaddr` VARCHAR( 50 ) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL AFTER `lastupdatedate`;
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler ADD `cbactivation` VARCHAR( 50 ) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL AFTER `registeripaddr`;
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler ADD message_last_sent DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00' AFTER `hits`;
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler ADD message_number_sent INT( 11 ) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL AFTER message_last_sent;
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_field_values ADD INDEX fieldid_ordering (`fieldid`, `ordering` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_fields ADD INDEX `tabid_pub_prof_order` ( `tabid` , `published` , `profile` , `ordering` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_fields ADD INDEX `readonly_published_tabid` ( `readonly` , `published` , `tabid` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_fields ADD INDEX `registration_published_order` ( `registration` , `published` , `ordering` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_members ADD INDEX `pamr` ( `pending` , `accepted` , `memberid` , `referenceid` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_members ADD INDEX `aprm` ( `accepted` , `pending` , `referenceid` , `memberid` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_members ADD INDEX `membrefid` ( `memberid` , `referenceid` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_plugin ADD INDEX `type_pub_order` ( `type` , `published` , `ordering` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_tabs ADD INDEX `enabled_position_ordering` ( `enabled` , `position` , `ordering` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_lists ADD INDEX `pub_ordering` ( `published` , `ordering` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_lists ADD INDEX `default_published` ( `default` , `published` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_userreports ADD INDEX `status_user_date` ( `reportedstatus` , `reporteduser` , `reportedondate` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_userreports ADD INDEX `reportedbyuser_ondate` ( `reportedbyuser` , `reportedondate` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_views ADD INDEX `lastview` ( `lastview` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler_views ADD INDEX `profile_id_lastview` (`profile_id`,`lastview`);
UPDATE jos_comprofiler SET `user_id`=`id` WHERE 1>0;
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler ADD UNIQUE KEY user_id (`user_id`);
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler ADD INDEX `apprconfbanid` ( `approved` , `confirmed` , `banned` , `id` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler ADD INDEX `avatappr_apr_conf_ban_avatar` ( `avatarapproved` , `approved` , `confirmed` , `banned` , `avatar` );
ALTER TABLE jos_comprofiler ADD INDEX `lastupdatedate` ( `lastupdatedate` );

Post edited by: rofar, at: 2008/07/01 18:55

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67004 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation problem
rofar wrote:

thanks, beat!

I have uploaded all files to the necessary folders, but, I don't know what to do afterwards?

I have read and re-read the instructions, but I don't see anything for a first install through expert installation.

I had uninstalled all CB extensions and files and tables in the database.

How do I get the thing to start installing?

Why did you remove the CB tables from the database ? :(

Well...do you still see in the Components menu "Community Builder" and under that "Tools" ? ;)

If yes, go there and click "Check Community Builder Database", then click "Fix/Upgrade Database", then "Check Community Builder Database" again.

This *should* reinstall the CB tables.

Let's hope you did not uninstall the partially installed CB...

From what i understood the tables where fine, just files needed to be put in place :)

It's really hard to debug in a forum an installation, which bugged at install... ;)

Please be kind with people who try to help you in here, this is a free, voluntary community support, and this problem happened probably first time in here, most probably not due to CB. This *installation* method is not standard, the expert *upgrade* (as you rightly pointed out) *is*. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67006 by rofar
beat, thanks for your reply.

...Yes, I did a total uninstall, including dropping the CB tables from the database.

When CB is installed, does it alter any of the standard tables?

What is the point of the expert installation if you cannot do it from scratch? There should be SQL code available for that, I think.

I do appreciate when nant replies in a helpful way. I just have noticed him replying with "one-liners" lately, which are not very helpful. This was not meant as disrespect. I just hoped he would put more information into his replies, otherwise it is a waste of time for both nant and myself.

I will try to do another install and then an update, as you suggested. Previously, I have not been able to get to the tools link though. This is why I wanted a manual fresh install option, to bypass whatever the problem is.

Thanks everyone! I do appreciate the help!

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 9 months ago #67007 by rofar
Okay, I tried again. I cannot get to the tools.

Please, you must know a way to fix this. I have been trying for many days and many hours now.

15 years 9 months ago #67008 by whamprod
Replied by whamprod on topic Re:Installation problem
I am having the devil's own time of it...

I've downloaded cb_1_2_0_RC2-unzip1st.zip (I do not have a previous installation.) The documentation installation instructions begin with:

2.1 Distribution
The distribution package of the CB 1.2 is a compressed zip file comprised of the
following:
• comprofiler.zip
This contains the installation package of the CB component.
• cblogin.zip
This is the module package that will be used to substitute the default
Joomla/Mambo Login module.

Well, I don't have a comprofiler.zip or cblogin.zip in my installation download. What I DO have is files named com_comprofiler.zip, mod_comprofilerOnline.zip, mod_cblogin.zip, and mod_comprofilerModerator.zip

I usually have no trouble installing new components/plugins. But when I try to install com_comprofiler.zip, I get an error message that says:

* Warning! - Failed to move file

Unable to find install package

Nothing wants to install. What am I missing?

{:•|)

15 years 9 months ago #67010 by rofar
Okay, nant and beat, we are getting somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I turned "System Legacy" on and now I can access Community Builder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why though???? I thought this was supposed to be totally native????!!!!!

By the way, that template from template plaza is no longer showing the error message for line 17 anymore either!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what do you think?????????????

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.558 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn